Misprint Metagross

Discussion in 'Collecting and Card Price Discussion' started by zhangama123, Dec 25, 2018.

8 league13 468 60
  1. zhangama123

zhangama123 New Member

Hi guys, I have a metagross card and instead of saying it evolved from a Metang, it says Mefang. Is this card worth anything? I tried looking it up but there’s nothing about this misprint anywhere. It’s a 7/147 version. Thanks!

2. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Pics would be helpful here. I couldn’t find anything in a short google search but you can also ask in Virbank City Pokemart on Facebook. Someone there should definately know of any. You will have to join the group in order to post.

3. zhangama123

zhangama123 New Member

4. Sensei

Hmm, with an error like that, you would think there would be more (if not a fake). I`d definitely go post on Virbank City Pokemart (or any other forum type like it) and see what they say.

5. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Both the Metal Energy and Colorless Energy symbols look funky, which often means the card is a fake.
    The "é" in "Pokémon" appears to be a different font than the rest of the word and other words.

6. Sensei

Looking closer at it and comparing to other pics of this card, there are quite a few errors, including spacing and capitalization. Fake card.

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sorry, definitely a fake.
    It has what we call "bloated energy" symbols. The symbols fill up the circle too much.
    A common issue with fake cards.