Missouri State Championship - April 3rd, 2004 FREE SIDE EVENTS AFTER MAIN EVENT!!!

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by meganium45, Mar 18, 2004.

1. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

This is coming quicker than we realize!

This event will take place on April 3, 2004 and will be at the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Westport, just North of Highway 70 off of the Earth City Expressway.

Registration will start at 10:00 - and I truly hope to see you all there - prizes will be a bye at Nationals, which will get you on your way to earning a trip to worlds!!!!

3 Age Divisions, get to pick up your Missouri VIP Packages, GREAT State Champions Award for each age division and MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Entry is only $7.00 to this event, and it will be a blast!!!!!

More Details to follow!

Meganium45

JUST ADDED!!! THERE WILL BE AT LEAST 2 FREE SIDE EVENTS AFTER THE MAIN EVENT, OPEN TO ANYONE WHO PLAYED IN THE MAIN EVENT!!!

1. MODIFIED FORMAT TOURNEY - SINGLE ELIM, PRIZES TO ALL WHO FINISH IN TOP 4, PRIZES TO ALL WHO ENTER!!! AGE MODIFIED!!!

2. UNLIMITED FORMAT - ANYTHING GOES - SINGLE ELIM, PRIZES TO ALL WHO FINISH IN TOP 4, PRIZES TO ALL WHO ENTER - NOT AGE MODIFIED!!!

JUST ADDED AGAIN - 3rd SIDE EVENT AFTER THE MAIN EVENT - BOOSTER DRAFT ($8.00) for 6 packs of Ruby/Sapphire ON!!! Extra Prize Support for winners! You HAVE to love this!!!!! Room for up to 15 drafters!!!!

THANKS TO NINTENDO FOR BONUS PRIZE SUPPORT - MUST HAVE 8 TO BE SANCTIONED, and FOR PRIZE SUPPORT, otherwise, will run second event of more popular style!!!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2004
  2. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

blast them for not eeking out what the VIP package is!!!!! arrrggg

yo vince you know i'll be there.....

a pack of rabid dogs couldn't keep me away.... well i don't think, let's not test this theory......

a pack of rabid dr. T lookalikes....... god help us all

3. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I SHOULD be there... I gotta make sure I can get some people to work for me first. There's other prizes besides byes at Nationals right... right? Please? lol. Hopefully I'll be there, I got a cool new deck to try out ^_^

4. Bigpoppabeatdown

u and me both pat

5. Psyduck

Psyduck New Member

me 2 :D

Oh yeah, I'll be there 2......

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  6. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

There will be more prizes - just as PUI has advertised, along with, in the tradition of the Base First Edition Pack at Cities (Won by Bigpoppabeatdown) I will be offering to the overall tourney winner....

1) Trainer Deck B (sealed) - These are the first decks ever released to gyms to train players, and are extremely rare to find in any form, nonetheless sealed!!!

There will also be little Plastic Pokemon as door prizes, a large Lugia Plastic model as a door prize, and much, much more!!!!

Please note, that the winner also gets a "better" VIP package when they register at worlds.

For overall prize info, go to www.pokemon-tcg.com, and I will post it here soon!

Prizes for all 3 age divisions - 1st through 8th place, and you know my policy by now, everyone wins a pack for entering.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE PROMO CARD IS (come on Charmeleon, come on Charmeleon)

M45

7. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Are kidding about the 1st base pack and the trainer B Deck (SEALED)? If not do you actually have some of these to spare?

8. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

Never kidding about those items - The Trainer Deck B (sealed) is the bonus prize for the overall winner of the Missouri State Championship, ON TOP of whatever the usual prizes provided by POkemon USA are.

The 1st Edition Base Set Pack (Sealed) was my bonus prize for the St. Louis City Championship, and will not be a bonus pack for the State Championship Event.

Of course I have extras of these items, but prefer to use them for promotional materials at my events.

Just WAIT and see what the Gym Challenges will bring!

M45

9. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

I wish I could make it..but I will still be out of town for Spring Break. So GOOD luck to everyone.

~Colin

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

i wonder what that could be?? *ponders* :D

yeah, i haven't opened that base pack yet.... though pulling that first edition clefairy doll is really tempting

11. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Looking forward to the competition Chad and Scott... hopefully I'll do better than 2-4 lol. Colin, really sucks you can't make it dude. C'mon... ITS STATES for godsakes! Your parents should go out of their way to bring you back for it =P

12. dld4a

dld4a Feature Writer

Oh man can't wait! Please if there's a GOD let the Gym Challenges be held on a Sunday so I can make it!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  13. Bigpoppabeatdown

yeah pat, i was rather upset that i didn't get to play against you at the CC.....

and colin, if on friday night some people throw u into a burlap sack and let u out at states, would there be any hard feelings??? lol

what do u say pat?? u game?

14. nikePK

nikePK New Member

haha, sure thing =P

BTW, is the address that the pokemon-tcg site gives for the hotel right? I dunno, mapquest says it can't find the address, in which case I need some directions to get there if the addy is right.

Can't wait =)

edit: ahh, found it on Mapquest... all is good. Guess I needed the zip code, lol. I just gotta get someone to work for me the 3rd, and I'm in... which should happen.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  15. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

2 Weeks to go, all of the Missouri City Champions have been set -

2 from St. Louis for 10-
    1 from St. Louis for 11-14, one from Sedalia for 11-14
    1 from St. Louis for 15+, one from Sedalia for 15+

Fliers and mailers will go out this week. this should be a tremendous event - especially if you want a chance to take one of my Trainer Deck Bs!!!! (Bonus prize to the overall champion VERY RARE!) Along with all of the other Great Stuff Pokemon USA will provide!!! Byes to Nationals and MUCH MORE!

Hope to see you ALL THERE!!!!

Meganium45

16. Bigpoppabeatdown

wow, gotta bump this up....

well pat, it's off of the earth city express way, which is the first exit on the east side of the missouri river on I-70.....

hope that helps

17. nikePK

nikePK New Member

i found directions, scott, but thanks.

Cyas there, as I'm quite sure I got someone to work for me ^_^ Wow, this isn't even 2 weeks away! What's the anticipated turnout, Vince?

18. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

man, I have no idea - matters if Sedalia will be in the house. Mailers go out to all leagues in the area tomorrow, and all players on my mailing list. I would hope to see 60 out there, at least, but these days who can tell, I am prepared for 150, but I may see 45...I hope not that few - it is time to PLAY FOR KEEPS....

PM me if you know addresses for any of our "usual" St. Louis Players....

Ironic that I have mailing lists for everywhere but here...

19. paso_1

paso_1 New Member

Hey we will be there just do not know how many yet. Also I have emailed an pm you.

Ray

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  20. nikePK

nikePK New Member

awesome ^_^ I don't even think I've met you Sedalia people yet, lol. It'll be cool to see some new people around.

And vince, check my pm I sent you, will ya? =)