MMM, Eevee(modified)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TheCrossFormatKid, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

Pokemon: 24
    4 eevee (ss) broken first attack
    2 espeon(ss) awsome boostable second attack
    2 umbreon(sky) shuts off opponants and my benched powers early game, thus shuting down gardy ex and other decks
    2 vaporeon(ss) awsome attacks, anti fire
    1 flareon(sky) awsome boostable attack, anti grass
    3 sentret
    2 furret (use its power to get the energy i need, when ineed it)
    3 wynaut (early search power, evolve into wob so u can boost energy it)
    2 wobbuffet(ss) anti pokemon ex and solid damage
    2 dunsparce(ss) early search power
    1 marril (ss) free retreat = broken

Trainers: 15
    1 town volunteers
    2 fanclub
    2 oracle
    2 switch
    2 lady outing (get diff energies from deck)
    3 copycat
    3 energy charge(get back boost energies and more)

Energy: 21
    1 fire energy
    2 warp energy
    3 multi energy
    3 darkness energy
    3 water energy
    4 boost energy
    5 psychic energy

Now for the mad strategery.
    Many decks exsist in my local metagame, so i have tried to create a deck that can deal with all of them. Eeveelutions seemed to me like the best response to the problem at hand. Eevee lets me get what eeveelutions i need in the begining of a game, depending on my opponants deck. Espeon has a really nice boostable attack that can do massive damage. Umbreon shuts off benched pokemon's powers, thus shutting off many decks in my current metagame. Vaporeon can deal with the fire that arises often and flareon OHKOs many of the grass pokemon that see play(but grass isnt used often here in NOVA). Furret lets me get the energies that i need when i need it, so multiple energy types isnt a problem. Wynaut is PERFECT for getting evolutions, or basics from my deck, and if i chose, i can evolve it into a wob and boost energy it for a suprise 50 damage. Wobbuffet is just evile against ex pokemon, and a solid 50 damage isnt bad either. Dunsparce gets me basics and the free retreat pokemon that is marril is just nice to have around. The trainers are self explanitory and so are the energy. Questions, comments etc are welcome

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Maybe try a couple of Retros for Eevee, so you can switch Evo's on the fly...???

3. HypnosProjectHQ

HypnosProjectHQ New Member

You'll need Retro Energy; Junk Furret for Clefable. You won't need Anti-Grass when you're using Espeon and Vaporeon. You can drop Flareon.

4. TheCrossFormatKid

About retro energy, im thinking about placing it in there, but im not sure about what to take out. Clefable will hurt this deck. Why, well clefable ONLY gets BASIC energy cards(with furret i can use it to get the special energy cards like boost darkness and multi). Anti grass is needed because that flareon OHKOs exeggutors and sceptiles(if i have a fire energy on him) Anything else?

5. TheCrossFormatKid

Lack of draw, i more than make up for it with the abbundence of search. Eevee(search), wynaut(search), dunsparce(search), furret(search), fanclub(search), oracle(search), lady outing(search), and copycat(draw)

6. Ace28

Ace28 New Member

I love rogue ideas. I also love having old ideas being brought back. Well here is a deck that is rogue and also an old idea being brought back. First off I think you should should drop the two fanclubs as Sparce takes care of that and you should add in 2 more sparce and then drop one of the sentrets and a psychic to add in 2 birches. (Furret and Birch are good together as jermy has said.) I know that you have a lot of draw power but you will probably want to focus on adding energy onto the eevees instead of attacking to get what you need.

7. TheCrossFormatKid

Seeing as there is a large consensus that i should add birch to my deck, i will try to squeeze 2-3 three in there. ABout this "you will probably want to focus on adding energy onto the eevees instead of attacking to get what you need.", thats the great thing about this deck, attach one of a colored energy to most of these guys and boost, and you can pay for its best attack. Im still playtesting multi/rainbow, because if i have a multi on a guy and boost, the multi becomes a colorless(major drawback). Thanks for the ideas!

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would think Rainbow over Multi, since it looks like Multi looses major points for its draw back.... If 10 Damge is that big a deal, use PokePark. If you place a Rainbow with it in play, you can add then remove the counter (as long as it attaches to a benched btw)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.