Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

moderaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Bacon

how do you become a moderater? so you just have to be a member for a period of time? back in the two other forums i had a bunch of names, Erikas Brother, THE WATER WIZARD, The Water Wizard, Irok, Canadian Bacon; i have been to this site off and on for the past 3 or 4 years. i didnt come back on for about a half a year after i was kicked off for something stupid that i didnt even do. how do you become a moderater?????

:rolleyes:
You don't become a moderator. Why would you ever want to be one? Moderating a place this large isn't exactly an easy or fun task.

Right now, the moderators are doing an excellent job. There's no need for more.

Moderators are called on, not applied for.

If/when there is the need for another moderator, it comes under discussion privately among the current board administrators/moderators. Board members who contribute to the community, have no history of bans, and who we feel would work well with the rest of us are considered, and from there we make our decision and ask the person if they would be interested in joining the team.

Unlike other boards, the 'Gym is moderated mainly by adults who have shown their value to the community by their day-to-day posts. A mod position on the PokéGym is not a popularity contest, nor an opportunity to show off/misuse one's powers; we pride ourselves in keeping the 'Gym friendly to all ages, and a board we have no problem in recommending to any parents of Pokémon players we run into at events like the Sandstorm Prerelease.

Hope this helps...
'mom

I helped 'Pop complete his 1st ed. Fossil set...... :D

Sometimes it is a lot easier to speak your mind when not in the confines of an expected role for the community.

joshman: so true, there have been many things I'd love to say, but cant because of that little "Administrator" word under my name :/

onederlnd said:
joshman: so true, there have been many things I'd love to say, but cant because of that little "Administrator" word under my name :/
Bah, say 'em anyways. I, for one, don't really care that what's under one's name should influence what they say.

Which might be why I'm officially an idiot. :p

Marril said:
Bah, say 'em anyways. I, for one, don't really care that what's under one's name should influence what they say.

Which might be why I'm officially an idiot. :p

If only it was that easy.... I've been yelled at for a couple comments I've made in the past month :p If this was my board (as a few of you may remember from the PokeIsle), I'd say things things that I cant get away with on here ;)

The ISLE!!!!!

*sniffs, wipes a tear*

The Kid in the Pika Suit/Legend of King Pika thread, anyone? :lol:

*sigh* Good times, indeed...:(

'mom

Last edited:
Say, do you still have that kid in the Pika suit logo anywhere?

That sparked a really fun thread!

And Mods/Admins have some restrictions on how they express themselves because anything we say carries a lot more force to it than what a regular member might say.

We (I, anyway) view all of you like clients and try to treat you as such.

Say, do you still have that kid in the Pika suit logo anywhere?
Sure do; I even have the thread itself saved, too (but can't read it too often, as it makes me sad...:( *sigh*

'mom

Ah, the memories of the King Pika thread. I don't think I have laughed that hard since!

The good ole days! :)

Skywolf1

Last edited:
You know what, i think this post could be used as a big Admin/Mod meeting place. Where they can just talk about how they feel about being in thier possition.

What is it with this King Pika and Pika Suit thing. I think that i just wasnt here during the PokeIsle thing. I came in the Pokegym era :D . Please post the old posts of these so i can laugh too! I feel so unloved (boo Hoo)

King Pika :D Ah, the fun times.

The PokeIsle was during the WizPoG era... middle of it actually. The PokeIsle started in early of 2001, and ended sometime early/middle of 2002... we had just celebrating our first birthday when I had to shut things down :( I kinda miss those days.

I'll get the King Pika thread and image uploaded for show. Pika kid became the PokeIsle's logo in late of 2001, and ended up on the various shirts that I sold (which I still have :))

I dont think you'd really understand many of the jokes that are in the King Pika thread, unless you were there and knew what was going on in the community at the time.

When it comes to myself as an admin, I kinda wish that everyone would view me on this board as a normal user, not as someone in the community with "power". I personally don't like being restricted to what i say because of a little text under my name.

First the old Gym, then the Ruins, then the Isle...

That was back when we all had fun together. Back when there was real community. Back before Mewtwo sought to destroy us all by unleashing his pet human on us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back