Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Monarchy (Nidoking/queen) (needs speed, possible tech advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinigami

So, my first States is this weekend. I'm nervous and excited, to say the least. I finally got the final pieces of my deck last night after MONTHS of searching and digging through binders. Please be gentle, as this is my first States and I'm rather new to the TCG as a whole. On to the deck!

Pokemon- 25
4 Spiritomb AR
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA
4 Nidoran M TM
2 Nidorino RR
3 Nidoking TM
1 Nidoking RR
3 Nidoran F TM
2 Nidorina TM
2 Nidoqueen RR
1 Nidoqueen TM

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium- 20
1 Luxury Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Expert Belt
3 Rare Candy
1 Twins
2 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Broken Time-Space

Energy- 15
5 Fighting Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Rescue Energy

Basic Strategy: The deck is very straighforward. Get as many Nidoqueen and maybe Nidoking RR onto the bench as fast as possible with a Nidoking TM in the Active spot, preferably with an Expert Belt attached, and tank your way to victory. If that doesn't pan out, Nidoking RR and Nidoqueen RR are perfectly acceptable as attackers as well.

My choices: First, obviously, was the choice to play Monarchy at all. I realize that it's a very slow deck in a very fast format, but I like the flow and feel of the deck. As a newer player with a limited cardpool, I had to build something that stood at least a small chance while maintaining a budget and simplicity.

Rainbow Energy-I can't tell you how much this deck needs it. There's no real drawback (thanks, Maternal Comfort!), and it's extremely rare that I can't find a place to put it.

Super Scoop Up- This is in debate right now. I've never been a fan of helping my opponent out, which is why i don't run Seeker at the moment. But SSU is only a 50-50 shot, and I'm seriously considering switching over to Seeker for States.

Cynthia's Feelings- It does quite a few things in this deck. Obviously, if one of my Pokemon is KO'ed, I draw a nice full hand, and can probably set myself up for a nice turn. Second, and this is the imprtant part, it gets around a couple of the big decks in the format. Played effectively, it keeps your hand free of Trainers for VileGar, or Pokemon for LostGar/LostPlume, which is why I chose to run it over Professor Oak's New Theory.

What I want to do with the deck- If there's a way to make it any faster, I'd love to hear it. I think that with intelligent play, the deck stands to surprise a lot of people. And if there are any cards I might have missed that would seem effective, please, let me know. Thanks in advance for all the help guys, I really appreciate it!

Take out 2 Spiritomb's and add in 2 Sableye's (Stormfront). The point of this is to use its attack that requires no energies to automatically use any supporter in your deck. A lot of the newer decks use this strategy, as do I, and it works really well to get what you need. Also try adding in 1 more Twins, then a couple Pokemon Communications since they're trainers.

Let me know what you think and I can work with you on this strategy. I also want to make a Nidoking deck, just haven't gotten around to it.

Pokemon-
4 Sableye SF
0 Spiritomb AR
1 Azelf LA
2 Uxie LA
3 Nidoran M TM
2 Nidorino RR
2 Nidoking TM
1 Nidoking RR
3 Nidoran F TM
2 Nidorina TM
2 Nidoqueen RR
1 Nidoqueen TM

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium-
1 Luxury Ball
2 Warp Point
0 Super Scoop Up
2 Expert Belt
3 Rare Candy
1 Twins
0 Cynthia's Feelings
3 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Broken Time-Space
4 Seeker

Energy-
5 Fighting Energy
2 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Rescue Energy
Edits in Bold
This should help:thumb:

^ nonoononononononononoh.

Do NOT take out the Tombs. That is a ridiculous idea for a deck like this. You have a solid list, but I would recommend 4 Collector and 4 Bebe so you can operate under tomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back