More Optimistic about the 08-09 Season

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by revdjweb, Aug 13, 2008.

1. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

I think it is safe to say that this upcoming season will be great. i enjoyed this past season but it had its problems, the main one being the rules/weakness changes with the DP sets. what this effectively did was eliminate 99% of pre-DP decks (the exception: flygon ex with no weakness). this made for a really tight metagame, couple that with a dominant psychic type and you get entirely too many mirror matches (i think i had 5 out of 7 at state).

this upcoming season shouldn't see any of these problems. no deck survived the format change last summer (flygon ex decks were totally reworked). this year any number will: GG/Plox, Magmortar, Empoleon, Garchomp, Meat Loaf, Beedrill/Rock Band, Skittles, Eeveelutions. Sure some will be stronger and others weakner but the point is, this time around there is alot more continuity from this past season, which should add depth and variety to the game. may this upcoming season be the Year of the Rogue.

2. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

Its good cause every deck has their weaknesses and counters, unlike this season.......

3. Professor Elm

Professor Elm Active Member

Gardy/Gallade are over powered, yes, but they still have weaknesses. Just not ones that actually can deal with the rest of the metagame lol.

Anyway, next format will be REALLY fun I think.

4. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

GG/Plox will fall.

:biggrin:

Should be 'interesting'.

5. astewart

astewart New Member

hopeing Kingdra will make a top deck as soon as they find some awesome techs besides Alacazam.

6. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

Alacazam is horrible in kingdra. I tried it and it just ruined consistentcy and it didn't work. Cards like regice and gardy are 10 times better than zam.

7. Chromecatz

Chromecatz New Member

Yes, the best extra line in kingdra is Gardevoir. Basically ensures you being able to do 60 and 20 snipe every turn without discarding anything but energy.

8. astewart

astewart New Member

Hmm i thought Alakazam would be good in it...