Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Most amazing combo for a possible RR-on format?

I was taking shower lol and I remembered my friend's cards that I saw yesterday. He quit playing for about a year and he bought a SV booster box before it. He pulled not the best cards such as Staraptor FB, Rayquaza C, and Charizard G as I can remember. By the moment I remembered Charizard I remembered Emboar BW too. Then I made this skeleton.

2-2 Charizard G or 3-1 Charizard G
2-2-2 Emboar
2 Shuckle Promo

Fisherman, Energy Retrieval, maybe Engineer's, maybe some Pokemon Catcher, maybe Max Restore, cyrus's & SP stuff, 16~20 fire energies. Well, I'll have a long time to make and test a list. The synergy is absolutely insane, you can go through your deck in a few turns, has a high damage output, you can grab all needed fire energies again by using Fishermen, you KO a ton of pokemons with Charizard's attack.

Discuss.

Ninetales > Shuckle Promo.

Shuckle gives you one new card for an energy, Ninetales gives you three new cards for an energy.

I think the idea of Shuckle is that you can then move the energy to Charizard after putting it on with Emboar.

Charizard G is not really all that SP engine dependent. It could work even if the Cyrus engine were to be rotated.

EDIT: typo fixed. 'putting it on with Emboar' not 'putting it on Emboar'

Last edited:
I think the idea of Shuckle is that you can then move the energy to Charizard after putting it on Emboar.

Charizard G is not really all that SP engine dependent. It could work even if the Cyrus engine were to be rotated.

Moving energy from Charizard to Emboar doesn't seem like it'd ever really be an issue since Emboar's ability lets you attach Fire Energy to any Pokémon.

I thought I answered clearly. lol

5 energies in hand -> Attach to Shuckle to draw 5 cards -> Use Charizard's power to move all energies to him and use Charizard LV.X's attack to KO something assuming 150 is a bunch of damage, few pokemons would survive. Got it?

Not to burst your bubble but all it takes is one Zoroark to waste your entire plan. :p

Oh you have a 150 HP attack, let me just take that for ONE DCE and at worse I lose ONE DCE. Its a unique idea, but I would stray from it at nats if only because Zoroark will be tech viable in some decks. And next format its impossible due to loss of SP tools, but you knew that already.

Emboar?
Enbuoh – Fire –HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Chaobuu

Ability: Fervid Dance
Choose 1 Fire Energy card from your hand and attach it to one of your Pokemon. This ability can be used any number of times during your turn.

[R][R][C][C] Heat Stamp: 80 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Neat idea. And I thought Charizard G lv.x is useless card :)

And if you draw more energy's with shuckle, more cards, then you can use unown return and seeker to do it over again.

And after 2nd use of shuckle you can move energies to active charizard X, poke turn it place 2nd charizard that was already on the bench, lvl up, put 5 of all energies you have to shuckle, draw 5 more cards and be ready to unleash Malevolent Fire. Nice :) You are able to draw quite a lot of cards that can help your setup.

Edit: poketurn will be rotated, so SSU.

Back