Most amazing combo for a possible RR-on format?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by himynameisrobson, Mar 24, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. himynameisrobson

himynameisrobson New Member

I was taking shower lol and I remembered my friend's cards that I saw yesterday. He quit playing for about a year and he bought a SV booster box before it. He pulled not the best cards such as Staraptor FB, Rayquaza C, and Charizard G as I can remember. By the moment I remembered Charizard I remembered Emboar BW too. Then I made this skeleton.

2-2 Charizard G or 3-1 Charizard G
    2-2-2 Emboar
    2 Shuckle Promo

Fisherman, Energy Retrieval, maybe Engineer's, maybe some Pokemon Catcher, maybe Max Restore, cyrus's & SP stuff, 16~20 fire energies. Well, I'll have a long time to make and test a list. The synergy is absolutely insane, you can go through your deck in a few turns, has a high damage output, you can grab all needed fire energies again by using Fishermen, you KO a ton of pokemons with Charizard's attack.

Discuss.

2. SolarPichu

SolarPichu Member

I like it. Plus, if you only need to do 50 or 70, you have that option too. =]

3. idrumprettywell

idrumprettywell New Member

what? did you just say cyrus's and sp stuff and then put rr-on in the title? sp will be absolutely dead in rr-on...

4. himynameisrobson

Yeah, my bad. For Nats it can work, but not for a RR-on format definitely.

5. ShadowGuard

ShadowGuard <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Ninetales > Shuckle Promo.

Shuckle gives you one new card for an energy, Ninetales gives you three new cards for an energy.

6. Box of Fail

Box of Fail New Member

I think the idea of Shuckle is that you can then move the energy to Charizard after putting it on with Emboar.

Charizard G is not really all that SP engine dependent. It could work even if the Cyrus engine were to be rotated.

EDIT: typo fixed. 'putting it on with Emboar' not 'putting it on Emboar'

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  7. himynameisrobson

Yes, you can attach the fires to Shuckle then move with Charizard. That's the idea.

8. Sevus

Sevus New Member

Moving energy from Charizard to Emboar doesn't seem like it'd ever really be an issue since Emboar's ability lets you attach Fire Energy to any Pokémon.

9. himynameisrobson

I thought I answered clearly. lol

5 energies in hand -> Attach to Shuckle to draw 5 cards -> Use Charizard's power to move all energies to him and use Charizard LV.X's attack to KO something assuming 150 is a bunch of damage, few pokemons would survive. Got it?

10. Naki Feralkin

Naki Feralkin New Member

Not to burst your bubble but all it takes is one Zoroark to waste your entire plan. :p

Oh you have a 150 HP attack, let me just take that for ONE DCE and at worse I lose ONE DCE. Its a unique idea, but I would stray from it at nats if only because Zoroark will be tech viable in some decks. And next format its impossible due to loss of SP tools, but you knew that already.

11. himynameisrobson

I realized Seeker is a good card in this deck, allowing to draw several cards in one turn. Awesome!

12. Gwaihir75

Gwaihir75 New Member

Emboar?
    Neat idea. And I thought Charizard G lv.x is useless card :)

13. himynameisrobson

^ It's the same pokemon.

14. gallade

gallade New Member

And if you draw more energy's with shuckle, more cards, then you can use unown return and seeker to do it over again.

15. Gwaihir75

Gwaihir75 New Member

And after 2nd use of shuckle you can move energies to active charizard X, poke turn it place 2nd charizard that was already on the bench, lvl up, put 5 of all energies you have to shuckle, draw 5 more cards and be ready to unleash Malevolent Fire. Nice :) You are able to draw quite a lot of cards that can help your setup.

Edit: poketurn will be rotated, so SSU.