Moving Forest

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ~`Flygon`~, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

OK this is a deck I built on redshark and it worked well against alot of decks. Early disruption is key and it works once you get the correct start which happens 85% of the time.Ok here is the decklist and stradegy.

Pokemon: 16

4-3-2-2 Toterra/Toterra LV.X
    4 Absol SW
    1 Vapereon * PK

Trainers:

3 Rare Candy
    3 Celios Network
    3 Team Galactic Mars
    2 Team Galactic Wager
    4 Potions
    2 Castaway
    2 Buffer Piece
    2 Switch
    2 Warp Point
    1 Copycat
    2 Roseannes Research
    2 Stevens Advice

Energy:15
    4 Double Rainbow
    6 Green
    3 Multi
    2 Scramble

Stradegy; Of course its to get rid of all there options early and keep absol active as long as possible to get rid of there complete hand and setup a toterra. The Lv.X is the main focus but the other one works also. Toterra Lv.X becomes a tank with healing ability and potions. He just sits there and last more than several turns unless your facing Magmortar who can only OHKO it with 6 Fire and some pluspowers/charms. When the first gets rolling then the second one to setup is much easier and just can switch out and healing it also with its attack.

Need Space For:

Time Space Distortion: I need to find space for it to get toterra lv.x and toterra back ASAP to setup a third one or fourth if it takes that long.

Super Scoop Up: When you have next one setup then you can Scoop it and have a fresh one ready to go.

Ok give me your suggestions and fixes.

testing matchups.

2. thysereivuth

thysereivuth New Member

i would try to make room for 1-1 sunflora

3. poketo

poketo New Member

you have to many potions you should have 1 maybe none you need more favorable trainers unlike switch and already mentioned potion

4. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I'd like to know...

You're using a tank?

You're using no powers?

You're using Castaway?

You're NOT using Cessation Crystal? Why? The LV.X isn't ALWAYS going to have his power ready to go... You do need something to choke up Honchkrow, Gardevoir, and Delcatty, or decks running those cards can outspeed you and overwhelm you with little effort. Absol loves Cessation Crystal, Torterra doesn't mind it (as you're not using a draw engine yourself), so why not?

Speaking of draw engine, your list looks clunky. Why are there no Pokenav? Why are there no Pokedex? Speeding up your pulls into energy, pokemon, and just about anything else is vital in a powerless stage 2 deck. Seriously. More vital then Copycat and Steven's Advice, I'd say (why bother with Copycat when you already have everything on the field? You don't need Copycat or Steven's for hand restoring from nothing, as you play Wager. Etc, etc.)
    Early disruption is key, eh? Then those engine fixes ought to make things shift less from "Oh my, gotta wait until I have Torterra on the bench" into "Oh my, I've gotta Torterra on bench, ready to go. Just need some energy, which is... Tada, Pokenav found a Double Rainbow! Nevermind! :D"

5. Randy8124

Randy8124 New Member

I certainly understand using Absol as your starter for the massive disruption it provides. I believe that Celebi MT might be a better choice. Continue using its Sprouting attack until it is almost knocked out. Then use its Leaf Torrnado attack and attach all of those energies to your benched Torterra Lv X. Your opponent will KO Celebi their next turn and then you bring up Torterra Lv. X, use his poke-power and KO a weak benched pokemon.

6. ~`Flygon`~

~`Flygon`~ New Member

Tried pokenav,it just drew intoa supporter that I already used or drew nothing I needed. Energy I have enough to draw into them anyway. Pokenav or Pokedex are just cards to speed up,but you dont need to speed up if you just disrupt them and setup normally which works majority of the time from testing.

No cessation crystal,nah,I dont use it cause the possiblity of vappy * and the power does work,more than you know. I just kept bring up absols got rid of their options in a few turns,let it die,then kill their setup pokemon in the back and it was downhill for them there.

Stevens and Copycat work cause I just use them when needed. Pokedex and nav are fine,but they dont belong in this deck,I promise you that.

7. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Hey there! I've been playing Torterra all season so far and I've been pretty successful.

I play it differently than you do, however. I play it with Celebi because I think with a big 4 energy attack that doesn't do a loooot of damage you need energy acceleration, and DRE is just bad for the LV X. and the regular (50 for 4 is baaad).

I think Celebi really helps make Grass playable and it is very nice to help against all the 130 HP pokemon, 30+Vigorous Dash=KO. And with that new Torterra coming out in the half deck things, it will be even better.

I play A LOT of supporters because of all the disruption happening in the format. Sadly that leaves very little room for healing/plus powers and stuff. The hardest part I have with the deck is finding the right balance of draw/other trainers. To the best of my knowledge heres my list..

Pokemon: 16
    4x Turtwig
    4x Grotle
    3x Torterra
    1x Torterra LV X
    4x Celebi

Energy: 16
    13x Grass
    3x Scramble

Trainers: 28
    4x Celio's
    4x Mentor
    2x Roseanne's
    4x Steven's Advice
    2x Professor Oak's Visit
    2x Copycat
    1x Rowan
    4x Switch
    2x Night Maintenance
    3x Pluspower

One of the main reasons I love this deck is because it just dominates Blissey variants(unless they play fire of course). It also has very good matchups with all benchhitting decks and I don't feel any significant weakness to DWD or Gardy/Gallade. I haven't tested against those 2 decks, which obviously are a big percent of the format, but Torterra is big/solid line that I think can handle them both.

Thats very different from your deck. As broken as Absol is, I don't think it belongs in every deck. I think Torterra needs energy acceleration/manipulation more than anything.

I hope that may help a little bit =)

~Colin

8. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

Colin....Sweet List bro. But why are you running 4 mentor, I would rather use some fan clubs and roseannes.

9. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Aren't mentors still better than those??? If not..then I guess I need to change some stuff haha.

10. poketo

poketo New Member

mentor gets more but roseanne's can be used late game but fan cube does nothing greater than mentor except grabbing 110+ hp exs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.