Moving Truk

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Azure, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azure

Azure New Member

Speed. Power. Consistence. Energy acceleration. Through the ages all decks that have had some importance had all this characteristics. Moving Truk is no exception. Starting with Elekid and an energy in your hand to attach and discard on the next turn to retreat Elekid for Blissey is the best start. Also starting with Chansey is not bad. It is very difficult to donk and it can hit for quite a bit of damage on T2.
    Always remember to abuse Electabuzz’s Poke-Power in order to get everything you need before your opponent does. All the trainers have a better counterpart in the newer sets. I have chosen these ones because they can discard Energy for Blissey during the early turns of the game.

Pokemon:
    4 Blissey
    4 Chansey
    1 Electivire Lv.X
    3 Electivire DP
    4 Electabuzz DF
    4 Elekid DP

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
    4 Celio’s Network
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Holon Mentor
    2 Holon Adventurer
    4 Warp Point
    4 Team Galactic’s Wager
    1 Night Maintenance

Energy:
    4 Double Rainbow Energy
    3 Holon Energy FF
    3 Fire Energy
    7 Thunder Energy

Darkwing Duck: 65-35
    Quite easy matchup. You nullify their Team Galactic’s Marses using Electabuzz’s Poke-Power. You can also easily knock out in 1 hit nearly all their Pokemon. The only problem could be a Honchkrow Lv.X, but considering all the rest, it should be an ok matchup.

Hurricane: 70-30
    Do I have to say anything? Electivire can 1hko Feraligatr having two Double rainbow’s attached. Blissey can easily 2hko it and all the other Pokemons it could bring out like Delcatty ex can be knocked out by either Electivire or Blissey.

Magma Truk: 65-35
    Yes! Another easy matchup. You can ko Magmortar with a Double Rainboweb Elevtivire. The rest can be easily managed. The only problem might be Magmortar koinb benched Electivires, but after 1 ko it won’t be able to do anything from the discard pile.

Gallade/Gardevoir/Absol: 40-60
    This is a big problem. Holon Energy FF can solve a few problems since it makes Gallade use two turns to ko Blissey. The way to make it a match in your favor is starting aggressive with Blissey during the first few turns.

ByeBye: 40-60
    Hey! Another negative matchup! This one is really difficult since Cessation Crystal stops you from from evolving Elekid, using Electabuzz’s and Electivire’s Powers. A useful thing to remember is to evolve an Elekid early in the game in order to be able to bring out an Electivire Lv.X to stop Cessation Crystal and gain a turn.

Mail Truk: 60-40
    Just go aggressive with both Electivire and Blissey and it should be no match! Arcanine can’t 1hko you without some item support.

Infercatty: 60-40
    You can ko all their Pokemon with two Double Rainbows. After the big Infernape Lv.X mid-game hit, be sure to have a fully loaded Electivire to ko Infernape in one hit. After that the match should be easily manageable.

2. o-ren-itachi

o-ren-itachi New Member

what is mail TRUK and byebye??

3. Bobby

Bobby New Member

So the theme I noticed here is that Blissey is the key to winning most of your games. Electivire just isn't as strong a partner as it was for Battle Roads. I played it at one BR and beat about 5 fighting decks, but none of them were the caliber of Gallade.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Mail Truk is Blissey/Arcanine and byebye is straight Blissey.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  4. lilgroudon

lilgroudon New Member

I think a Electivire SW will do loads of help

5. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

I'm going to have to agree with Bobbo on this one.

You're running a deck that is completely weak to Gallade, one of the top decks out right now.

Magmortar is ALWAYS a problem, and with 110hp and healing, they will do circles around you. Blisseys aren't a big deal when they can drop a scramble for +60 damage. Their damage/energy output is much stronger than yours. Watch out.

As for your list... 17 energy is a bit much, and 4 warp point is excessive. I would change the energy line and trainer line.

6. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

you propably won't like my idea but...my definiton of the "movingTruk" is not running Blissey. My definiton would be to use Delcatty pk/EX. You would also go with 2 Electivire DP and 2 Electivire SW....Lv x isn't good IMO.

7. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

lol funny how you said that your matchup against Hurricane is 70-30.

Actually Moveing Truk, is one of the only good matchup for Hurricane against a Blissy varient.

The thing is, it's MUCH slower than other Blissys, and the fact that I can easily OHKO all your pkmn makes it even better for me. It's fairly easy to stall a few turns while you get set up and going with the Blissy, and even if I get behind a few prizes, it's also fairly easy to come back and pass you in prize count.

I would give the matchup 55-45 in Hurricanes favor.

8. Zyklon

Zyklon New Member

4 Celio is overkill. 4 Warp is overkill. 4 TGW is overkill. Replace one of each with 2 Battle and 1 Night Maintenance, or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.