Mr Dark Typhlosion Goes to Sturgis in Place of his sister Typhlosion

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by annisarich, Sep 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annisarich

annisarich New Member

My son has found a few cards in the closet and decided to change his deck to the dark line.

Here is the deck.
    pokemon

4 cyndaquil
    3 dark quilava
    2 dark typhlosion
    2 cleffa
    1 entei (legendary body)
    1 elekid
    2 tyrogue
    1 exeggcute psy aq
    1 exeggcute grass aq
    1 exeggutor grass aq
    1 exeggutor LC

trainers

2 copycat
    1 juggler
    4 elm
    3 trader
    2 breeder
    1 fan club
    2 double gust
    2 switch
    3 focus band
    3 gold berry
    1 full heal

energy

4 darkness
    12 fire

The trainer line seems to make this pretty darn fast.
    Its nice to have some grass to help combat H2O decks, but he is thinking that the typlosion and eggs both want lotsa energy and would like to thing about another support line. A few bands and gold berry to keep alive seems ok also.

We could use some ideas on how to get some energy back. Would it be ok to just go with one line and add some energy and a few more trainers and let the babies be the support?

Thanks folks :thumb:

2. dkates

dkates New Member

First off, I'll say that I'm personally not that fond of the Dark Typhlosion line. Still, it's not without its advantages. Now, I do have a lot of changes to suggest, so I will be posting a decklist.

Pokemon (18):
    4 Cyndaquil (Lv. 21, Genesis)
    1 Dark Quilava
    3 Dark Typhlosion [If you don't have another, I'll have an alternative below]
    2 Cleffa (Genesis)
    2 Exeggcute (Grass, Aquapolis)
    2 Exeggutor (LC)
    2 Tyrogue (Discovery)
    2 Entei (Revelation) [Again, I'll have an alternate]

Trainers (26):
    2 Town Volunteers
    3 Switch
    2 Double Gust
    2 Juggler
    3 Professor Elm
    2 Copycat
    3 Gold Berry
    2 Pokemon Breeder
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    3 Focus Band
    2 Fisherman

Energy (16):
    3 Darkness Energy
    10 Fire Energy
    3 Rainbow Energy

Strategy is to use Growth Spurt to double your Energy attachment. Then, use Big Eggsplosion or Rushing Flames for the big hits. Fisherman and Town Volunteers will help you get back discarded Energy. The Rainbow Energies let Exeggutor use Teleport. Everything else should be self-explanatory.

I said I'd have alternate ideas if you didn't have the Entei and/or third Dark Typhlosion. Depending on how many of the three cards you don't have, put in 1 Trader, 2 Traders or 2 Traders and a Town Volunteers.

3. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

hey anni, the deck seems to look ok but might need a few fixes.heres a list i would play.

4 cyndaquil(genesis one with fireworks)
    2 dark quilava
    3 dark typhlosion
    2 cleffa
    3 entei (howl)
    1 elekid
    1 tyrogue
    2 suicune non holo(protection to build)

trainers

2 copycat
    4 elm
    3 trader
    2 breeder
    1 fan club
    2 double gust
    2 switch
    4 focus band
    1 center
    2 town volunteers

energy

18 fire

this looks a little faster to me.juggler only hurt you more than helped by discarding valuable fires.i took out the dark to get the maximum power of the deck.i put in the howl entei purely for speed.maxed the focus band an teched a center for when u have discarded all that energy. two volunteers will help to get the fires back.also, i put the suicune in instead of the entei with the same power b/c of all the mantine and gatr/sect.so thats more protection while you howl, attach,breeder,ect.
    good luck at sturgis.

4. Pablo

Pablo New Member

id suggest to drop the exeggutor line, sonce it takes too much energy, like dark typhlo, and instead add a line of eevee and light flareon, since lt. flareon can help you power up a typhlo from first turn. also, drop either 2 dark quilava, or 2 breeder, and add 2 strength charm, since you can easily ko babies, with the fireworks cyndaquil, and when isnt there a situation where your opponent only has a lone cleffa? this are my suggestions, i would seriously take out the exeguttor line, and either add lt. flareon, or play it solo, but no exegutor.

5. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

eh i thought of an idea so heres the new list i would advise to you

4 cyndaquil(genesis one with fireworks)
    2 dark quilava
    3 dark typhlosion
    1 typhlo( neo genesis)
    2 cleffa
    3 entei (howl)
    1 tyrogue
    2 suicune non holo(protection to build)

trainers

2 copycat
    4 elm
    3 trader
    3 breeder
    2 double gust
    2 switch
    4 focus band
    1 center
    2 town volunteers

18 fire

i put in the tech tpyhlo to get energy back and deal some damage i had to drop the kid to raise the breeder count so the deck would be more managable for the late or mid game typhlo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.