Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mr. PotatoHatter (No article or outrageous claims... just a normal deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter™

So this is a team hatter production, but disclaimer:
This deck is fairly decent, but I am not claiming it beats every deck out there.

Trainers: 27
1 Night Maintenance
2 Cynthia's Feelings
3 Buck's Training
1 Warp Point
2 Evo TM
4 PokeRadar
3 Rose
4 Bebe's Search
4 Rare Candy(I tried 3, but 4 helps more)
3 Dusk Ball(will probably take out, but it helps)

Energy: 15
6 Fighting Energy
9 Metal Energy

Pokemon: 18
1 Spiritomb
2 Claydol
2 Baltoy
3 Togekiss
1 Togetic
3 Togepi
3 Probopass
3 Nosepass

Strategy: Very simple, use Togekiss to power up your Probo's and start spreading away:thumb:

Yanmega isn't that great. 10 to everyone, compared to 60 to the active and 2+ to the bench hitting 20. With 9 Metal, you normally get about 2-3 on average with Togekiss. I play 4 Fighting, 4 Call, and 9 Metal. Call makes it faster, even though you can't get it with Kiss.

Magmortar's almost strictly better. Same weakness, but you have more attacking versatility, nearly the same Body, and Magmar > Nosepass. You also get the benefit of Mag X sniping and burning stuff, and streamlining your energy.

Is there some other upside I'm missing?

Probopass is awesome
and its body is good.

Let's on say how this is worse than blah blah please, lets just work on the deck for how it is.

(side note: i wonder if i should of put BDIF or WILL WIN BR'S or ARTICLE INCLUDED!)

I still think that Multi Energy is the play with Probopass even if Togekiss can't search it out directly.

I think that this deck could also use a as starter. Patchi is pretty dated ... but I really think it would work here both in setting up and to dink those electric weak water types.

I would consider using SSU's, helps out with Togekiss and Spiritomb.

Pherhaps the Dusk Balls should go for SSUs.

I 'sharked this last night...and I took FOUUR prizes at once lol

Maybe instead of Dusk Ball, switch it to the Evo TM, then run 2 Devo TM.

Yanmega isn't that great. 10 to everyone, compared to 60 to the active and 2+ to the bench hitting 20. With 9 Metal, you normally get about 2-3 on average with Togekiss. I play 4 Fighting, 4 Call, and 9 Metal. Call makes it faster, even though you can't get it with Kiss.

yes but yanmega's attack is free and its retreat is free so no use comparing the 2 but probopass is better for this deck

Have you thought about changing the Togekiss line to Magnezone LvlX, probably a 3-1-3-1 line (Multi + Basic Metal energy). You would get the free retreat option and energy moving instead of the acceleration and a far superior attacker that at least exposes some water Pokemon (sadly neither Empoleon nor Kingdra). I like the idea of not having to commit too much energy to a Pokemon just in case the opponent finds a couple of pluspowers from nowhere.

I like Yanmega a lot, but not in this deck. It screams to be played with Sceptile where you get the split weakness and the perfect second attack for two energies.

Magnezone is decent, but I would only consider it when the new one comes out that gets back energy, as this deck is meant to start hitting you fast and hard(i.e. Togekiss)

draz: see the deck isn't that bad :D
I don't need to run 4 Evo TM's 2 is good enough, and I've seen that Dusk Ball can help me, but ill look at my other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back