Multi energy, Houndoom, and why

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by stalkerex, Feb 19, 2008.

1. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

I was looking at this and made me think about the wording on multi energy

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67647

I can understand why it gets both effects seeing as you cant choose it to be one thing or the other like mentioned in another post, but what I dont understand is why you do get both effects. (Sounds weird, i know)

I say this because if you read Multi energy, it states that it counts as every energy but only provides ONE energy at a time. This is whats off, it says it can only provide one energy at a time yet we have it providing :fire: and :dark: at one time.

In regaurds to this the only way I see it working out is that it provides only 1 energy at a time for the cost of the attacks being made, but when calling for a discard effect, it runs as all of them seeing as you cant pick what you want it to be and was just simply counting as one of the energy needed to perform that attack... Would this be the correct assumption?

Just one other thing, Its odd that it counts as both on houndoom, seeing as it says one or the other, but if my assumption is correct I assume we would have no choice but to count it as both...

Sorry for the loopy question.
    Thank you in advanced and you do a great job at keeping people informed with how things work. :thumb:

And poke pop, Sorry i used your Answer as an example... Seems people keep picking on you latly lol.

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

When it says it provides one energy at a time, it means one unit, not one type.

Your analysis is correct. You would not get to choose one or the other for the bonus effect. It has to be both.

No problem. I wasn't wrong in this case, even if I was in the others :wink: