Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Multi Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJohn06

A friend of mine brought something up about the wording on Multi Energy, I'm pretty sure that when ever there is a special energy on the pokemon Multi is attached to, Multi provides :colorless instead of what you want... but my friend read it and I noticed on it that Multi's wording is. "When there is ALREADY a special energy attached to the pokemon Multi energy is attached to, Multi energy provides :colorless instead" So, my question is, if you attach Multi BEFORE you attach a Metal/Dark/Rainbow what ever special type of energy you have attached, does Multi still get the effect? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I wanted to make sure.

Good question. I think the word "already" is just bad templating on the card. It should read more like "when there is ANOTHER Special Energy attached...".

Here are a couple of recent rulings on Multi Energy:
== MULTI ENERGY (EX:Sandstorm)

Q. The wording for Multi Energy is a bit confusing; does it mean that if I have Multi Energy already attached, and then I attach a special energy card, does the "rainbow effect" of Multi Energy disappear at that time?
A. Yes. Multi Energy provides colorless energy when any other Special Energy card is present on the Pokemon. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Q. If I have one Multi Energy attached and then I attach a second one, do they cancel each other out and both become colorless?
A. Yes, since they are both Special Energy cards, each one cancels out the other. (Sep 11, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back