multi/rainbow enrgy?

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by deathangel556, Oct 27, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathangel556

deathangel556 New Member

Hello I was wondering if you could for multi energy and rainbow energy change the color type more than once per turn because they only state that "multi/rainbow energy provides every type of energy but only 1 energy at a time." thanks in advanced for any help.^_^

ex.if entei has multi energy {counting as fire}then i change it to grass to trans it with sceptile {energy trans} to suikun after i trans it can i make it to water after that

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  2. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

The reason Rainbow & Multi are worded that way is to indicate that it provides all types of energy at the same time, but it does not provide "one of each type of energy". Otherwise, Rainbow would count as eight energies (i.e. :colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless:colorless ); slap that down on a Wailord-EX and retreat by discarding only one card -- NOT!!

Another thing to remember is that Rainbow and Multi (with no Special Energy Cards attached) are unable to NOT provide a given energy type. So if you have an attack that says "discard all Fire energy cards", you cannot say "oh, my Rainbow is now Water Energy so I don't have to discard it, ha ha". It does not work that way.

Hope this helps,
    - CHRISBO

Last edited: Oct 27, 2003
  3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

This would be the closest ruling:

Q. How do you use the Rainbow Energy Card?
    A. For Rainbow Energy, when you attach this energy to a Pokémon (from your hand), that Pokémon takes 10 points of damage. The Rainbow Energy now counts as all basic Energy types at the same time (Grass, Fire, Water, Psychic, Lightning, and Fighting). (May 4, 2000 WotC Chat, Q60)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.