Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Brother's CC Deck - Blaziking

Status
Not open for further replies.

HypnosProjectHQ

Ok. The original version included Magneton. Then we thought about replacing Magneton for Espeon (Gardevoir's owner). Then, he said he wanted Rayquza ex. At the time I had not one. Now, after taking 1st at Brookfield CC, I got one from my box. Here's version three of Blaziking. (I need more TV Reporter, so I only have one in here for the time being.)

Pokemon (19)
4 Torchic (D)
2 Combusken (Promo 009)
4 Blaziken (RS #3)
3 Skitty (RS #70)
2 Delcatty (RS #5)
1 Delcatty (RS #29)
2 Dunsparce (SS)
1 Rayquaza ex (D)

Trainers (22)
4 Energy Switch
4 Moo-Moo Milk
4 Copycat
4 Switch
2 Juggler
2 Rare Candy
1 TV Reporter
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (19)
15 Fire
4 Lightning

At Manitowoc, I'll need to trade for 3 TV Reporter. Then I'll have to check into what to take out. What do you think I should take out for 3 more TV Reporter? Is Espeon/Blaziken/Delcatty better than Rayquaza ex/Blaziken/Delcatty? Could you people please give a deck list for Espeon/Blaziken/Delcatty? Thanks much!

HypnosProjectHQ said:
Ok. The original version included Magneton. Then we thought about replacing Magneton for Espeon (Gardevoir's owner). Then, he said he wanted Rayquza ex. At the time I had not one. Now, after taking 1st at Brookfield CC, I got one from my box. Here's version three of Blaziking. (I need more TV Reporter, so I only have one in here for the time being.)

Pokemon (19)
4 Torchic (D)
2 Combusken (Promo 009)
4 Blaziken (RS #3)
3 Skitty (RS #70)
2 Delcatty (RS #5)
1 Delcatty (RS #29)
2 Dunsparce (SS)
1 Rayquaza ex (D)

Trainers (22)
4 Energy Switch
4 Moo-Moo Milk
4 Copycat
4 Switch
2 Juggler
2 Rare Candy
1 TV Reporter
1 Town Volunteers

Energy (19)
15 Fire
4 Lightning

At Manitowoc, I'll need to trade for 3 TV Reporter. Then I'll have to check into what to take out. What do you think I should take out for 3 more TV Reporter? Is Espeon/Blaziken/Delcatty better than Rayquaza ex/Blaziken/Delcatty? Could you people please give a deck list for Espeon/Blaziken/Delcatty? Thanks much!

First off, you have your deck formats a little confused. You're playing BRa, a deck using Blaziken's pokemon power to power up Rayquaza, who can do loads of damage. You use neither Ampharos's Energy Current, nor Aquapolis Espeon's Energy Return powers to get back to the bench. This is a problem, but you have included switches, and Blaziken's power can only power up pokemon on the bench. Let's fix this: (Oh, and BTW, BER = Blaziken, Aquapolis Espeon and Rayquaza, you should really look into that, it's a few pages back in this forum)

Pokemon:
Blaziken line looks okay, but drop a skitty and a number 29 Delcatty, not needed in this deck. Actually, in theory, you could keep them in as protection against other Rayquaza EX and/or Salamence, but we'll lose them for now and see if we can fit them in later. Add two more Dunsparce and two more Rayquaza EX. Wouldn't want it in the prizes now, would we?

Energy:
In your deck, you don't have any pokemon-power related means of getting the energy to Rayquaza without switching. So add three Warp energy here and lose three fire. NEXT!

Trainers: You'll need the most help here. Your energy switch idea is good, but switching to the bench is better. However, I'll try to fit in a few Energy Switch. Keep your 4 Switches, and add 3 Warp Point in place of the energy switch for now. Moo-moo? Don't think so. These decks are fast, bad-to-the-bone decks that don't rely on healing and take whatever comes their way. Add in 4 Oracle instead. Intstead of two juggler, let's put in two HPS so Dragons Torchic can retreat after Ray's switched/warped to the bench. So far we have thirteen trainers, now add in three candy, (you already had two, so just add one) two Reporter, and lose the Volunteers for three POR.

So the new list looks a bit like this:

Pokemon (21)
4 Torchic (D)
2 Combusken (Promo 009)
4 Blaziken (RS #3)
2 Skitty (RS #70)
2 Delcatty (RS #5)
4 Dunsparce (SS)
3 Rayquaza ex (D)

Trainers (20)
4 Oracle
3 TV Reporter
3 POR
4 Switch
3 Warp Point
3 Rare Candy

Energy (19)
12 Fire
4 Lightning
3 Warp

There ya go. Hope your little brother does great. Although this isn't the traditional B_R deck, it is the one that people will start using after E1, E2, and E3 are out of the format, so tell your brother he's way ahead of things. You might want to check out any B_R (meaning B *fill in the blank* R) decks, such as Jermy's BAR or Spectron's BER, or maybe even BEG deck a few pages back. Thanks for posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back