Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MY Challenge (no format)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultramew

Well, hello PokeGym Members. I'm sure, at least SOME people will be interested (mainly dkates since he's the only one that helps my decks). I have here, a deck that was built to be perfect for the OLD modified. It uses OLD cards, and other things. However, I'd like to renew it, for a new life, in the new world (modified).

Pokemon of the Talon and Claw.

Pokemon:
1x Mewtwo Ex
3x Xatu (ND)
3x Natu (NG)
1x Unown Y
1x Unown N
1x Unown D
2x Elekid
2x Tyrogue
2x Espeon (AQ)
2x Eevee (ND)

Trainers:
2x Hyper Potion
2x Juggler
2x Copycat
2x Sprout Tower
2x Pokemon Trader
2x Double Gust
2x Town Volunteers
2x Professor Oak's Research
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
2x Switch
2x Potion
2x Pokemon Fan Club

Energy:
10x Psychic
2x Warp Energy
2x Potion Energy
2x Cyclone Enrgy
2x Full Heal Energy

Well, a lot of the cards need to be changed, I know. I do have some ideas for the new revised deck, however, I need to check whether my mind runs on the same lines as you guys. First I'll post the old Strategy...

Xatu is basically the main attacker, it provides a good 50 solid damage every turn. I chose that natu because of free retreat and the Telekinesis, useful at some points. Eevee I chose for the fast evolution, to get out Espeon. Now before you start bombarding me with SS Espeons, I've only got 1, and regardless, it doesn't go with the theme. The Aquapolis Espeon is there to provide a energy abusement, I place a special energy, such as warp, and then Energy Return them, so I can use it next turn. It also comboes nicely with Unown Y's Yeild.

Elekid's there for attack purposes, say when I'm unable to attack, and a good stall. Tyrogue for my darkness problem (the resistance), also for the old colourless types. Unown D & N are for the same purpose, as is the Sprout Tower. I've put in Hyper potion and Juggler in order to combo Mewtwo Ex, and speaking of which, Mewtwo Ex is just a nice attacker.

So please, help away, how can this deck become Modified legal? I'd appreciate it if it had the same principles, or used the same pokemon.

Hm. Problem is, of all your Pokemon, only Espeon and Mewtwo ex are Modified-legal. I really don't know yet how to update this deck without destroying the theme. Maybe something like SK Xatu/AQ Espeon/Mewtwo ex? You could probably tech in a Fighting-type as anti-Dark, but Dark's really seeming like a rogue type in E-on, considering nobody here has posted a Dark-based deck yet. For general deck-building strategies, look at my E-on article. There's a link in my signature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back