My First Report - Cc's

Discussion in 'City Championships' started by Dante63s, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Well I played 3 Cc’s in a row, the first two where with DWD. I did 3-2 and Top4, because I forgot most of what happen I won’t make a report, however if you want the list I will post it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/16 City Championship – Buenos Aires – Argentina

I get about 4 hours of sleep, and I head to the tourney Sunday morning, after thinking a while, I decide to play G&G. The version is different that anything that was spoken here on Pokegym, for me it’s way more consistent.

The deck plays Corsola SW with Furret SW.

Round 1 – Vs. Esteban (T2 Banette)
    I start with Corsola, attach energy and seach for Ralts SW, Ralts DF and Sentreat. He plays TV reporter, discards Banette and uses Ascension. I plays Celios Network search for Furret, evolve, retreat, and search for Rare Candy, Gardevoir SW (I already had one Candy in my hand). He plays some trainer and Plus Power, so he OHKO my poor Furret. I send lonely Ralts, Rare Candy and Evolve my benched Ralts. I copy his Tv Reporter draw some random stuff, use Celios, Rare Candy, Gallade, Scramble. I KO his Banette, thinking I was going to last a while he plays Lake Boundary and OHKO my Gallade. I get multiple Garevoir SW in plays, we trade off prizes and I get the win.
    1-0

Round 2 – Vs. ??? Gardevoir/Gallade/Cessation Crystal
    I don’t remember much. I had my 2 Gallade prized, it was a killer. I started with Sentret and starterd using his attack several turn and till I finally get Celios, I already had Gardevoir SW, but he for me, was trying not to play any supporters. I win!
    2-0

Round 3 – Vs. Sebastian Lugo (Mirror)
    He starts way better. He search with Corsola T1 played Furret T2. I get the lonely Ralts DF start. I play Celios and get Corsola, retreat and search. He gets multiple Gardevoir’s in play, and keeps searching. I play Wager to shuffle his search, I win, and them draw Furret! And start searching, this turn was really important because he was going to start attacking with Gallade. He keeps searching, I get Gardevoir SW in play, use his Celios and get Kirlia. And search for Scramble and Gallade. He plays some trainers, copies my Wager, I win again! He OHKO my Furret with Gallade, I draw Scramble, copy his Celios, play Strength Charm and OHKO his Gallade. He sends another Gallade and flips four prizes for the OHKO. I somehow get another Gallade in play with DRE and send him to the bench with 50HP left. He them sees that I have no more prizes to flip over, so he send Gardevoir Lv. X and says “Bring Down” and chouses Ralts with 50HP left, and I say the only possibly choise is YOUR Gallade so I don’t let him go back, and chau Gallade! After that he was totally demoralized and I end up winning.
    3-0

Round 4 – Vs. ??? (Banette/Mismagus)
    This match was so ugly, I have like zero draw. All I had was Corsola and some random stuff. First he starter with 3 Shuppet! So my idea of winning fast was long gone, he KO my Corsola T3 and I send up Sentret and use it’s attack…. Things Happened… I get some sort of setup! But he only had 2 Prizes left at that point. He had to Banette’s one on the bench with 10HP left and one active with 20HP left. It’s my turn and all I have on the field in a lonely Gardevoir SW with no energies… I start thinking, seeing he face of happiness I could tell that he was not going to think much about what play to do. So I do the best I could, I had 5 cards in my hand, I play his Tv Reporter and draw Warp Point and crap, so I play Warp Point to see if he would take the bait, he does, he changes it for the Banette with 10HP left. I plays Celios Network I get Sentreat, play Rare Candy Furret, attach DRE, play Gerdevoir Lv X and use it’s power and send up Furret and KO Banette. I knew that my only chance was him misplaying, but not only that he send up Shuppet, uses TSD and I was praying for 3 heads!!!! (that way there would be no Banette left in the discard) but he gets 1 heads, and plays another Banette with DRE and hits 70, he only had like 4 cards in his hand…I louse…But I had bad luck and his Lake Boundary lasted from T3 until the end.
    3-1

Round 5 – Vs. Agustin Pugliese (Infercatty)

I need to win this match to enter Top8

Shocked about him playing Infercatty, I never played this match. But I know that it has something similar to Hurricane. I start with Corsola, search, T2 I get Furret and start searching! Few turns go by. I have 2 Garvedoir SW and Gallade in play. He had 2 Infernape and 3 Delcatty’s and few cards left in his deck. I lock his powers and he OHKO me with Infernapa Lv X, I OHKO it with Gallade. We trade of prizes, I plays several Wagers. I believe that his major mistake was the list, I think he should of played Wager, the searches with Furret where vital for the rest of the game. I end up winning.
    4-1

I make Top 4!

Top4 – Vs. Sebastian Lugo (Mirror)

Theirs not much to say, it’s a mirror who starts better usually wins.

Game 1:
    I Start with lonely Ralts DF, he get the nice Corsola Start with Furret T2. I end up playing Celios to get Corsola and search, he by that point had the game under control. Seeing few chances of winning that game I pick up the deck and start Game 2 quickly.

Game 2:
    I get a decent hand, Corsola and search with Furret, but I make a bad move. He had Kirlia active and Corsola on the bench and he had 6 cards in his hand. I decide to risk everything, because he didn’t play any supporters the turn before, I play Warp Point and KO his Corsola with Gallade, hoping he had nothing in his hand. Bad move. He them played Gallade and OHKO my Gallade, I end up with nothing but lonely Ralt’s, Corsola and Furret. I send up Furret and search. He KO’s Furret. With my search I got another Gallade with Scramble to OHKO his Gallade.
    We went trading prizes, until he had his bench with multiple Gardevoir’s and he had my powers locked. So for some reason he plays Warp Point and KO my Gallade on the bench with Gardevoir Lv X. That was so good for me, because I could use Tele-Pass again! I end up winning with Gardevoir’s Lv X “Bring Down”.

Game 3:
    This game went really fast!
    We both get Gardevoir T2-T3. I only had Garveoir SW and Furret active. He only has Garveoir SW. I search with Furret, he plays Wager and I win, he OHKO my Furret with Bring Down. In the 7 cards I draw one of them was Celios Network, so I search for Gardevoir Lv X and use Bring Down FTW!

Final – Vs. Diego Casiraga (Mirror)

I bet your expecting a cool match, but we where both really tired. So we didn’t play.
    I got some prizes and he got the extra points, big deal. And the prizes did not even arrive yet, only the Infernape Folder. I got 4 Boosters, yes 4 and here we pay over u$s3 for really little prizes, but it’s all worth it!

Every report I read here on the gym, I always complain about the lack of information on the matches, this is the first report I try to do, but from now on I understand that writing one is hard, I forgot most of the details, just after a few days, LOL.
    This report was made rather quick, I may of made mistakes on the cards my opponents played, but thats what I remember.

That’s all folks. :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  2. Jason

Jason New Member

Gj on your progress Dante. So your final matches as a loss and you get the first place prizes? Niice...made up for the tiredness....?

3. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

Why did you have Top 8? I thought that City's were limited to Top 4 No matter the turnout...

Anyways, great job!

4. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

So i guess this will not count as a Premier Event?

GJ btw.

5. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

City Championships are supposed to be TOP 4??? In Canada we only get Top 2 sometimes.

6. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ New Member

That me be due to attendence, cuz weve had a few that were Top 2 down here in Texas as well (rarely, but it happens).

7. KazamBolt

KazamBolt Active Member

Seniors and juniors get T2 all the TIME! Well, only for BRs and Cities.

GJ.

8. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

i thought cities was only allowed to be top 4

9. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

(to my understanding) City Championships are supposed to be TOP 4 but, I will go to the website to check that out.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

"The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance at the event. Age groups with at least six, and less than twelve players will have a top two single elimination final. Age groups with twelve or more players will have a top four single elimination final." That is what I got from http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/championshipseries/city/info/07-08/answers.html

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  10. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Well maybe I got it wrong and Top8 was round 6, but not for what I see. However the event was premier (The ranking changed) and the program does it, but what is the problem? About that...

11. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

Well, what ever it is, GJ.

12. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

more rounds means more points

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

I'm a little confused about this breaking the "max top 4" rule, but on the other hand, I'm not "worried" because you guys in Argentina don't count against us Americans for rating points. :)

14. Dante63s

Dante63s New Member

Actually the tournament was odd, cause I had to play Top4 twice. The Top8 did not mean anything, according to a friend. Well I will delete, for less confusion and less chat about it.