Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My heart has just jumped and I have seen the light.

LegacyEeveeVGC

Acording to Pokebeach they are bring back the Pokemon Adventures Manag with the D/P verson!
I no longer have to search for translated mangas!

Pokemon Manga Coming to America - Viz Media has had the right to publish Pokemon manga (Japanese "comic books") for several years now, but has chosen not to do so since the first generation... until now! According to this Amazon.com listing for "Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1," the first Diamond and Pearl manga volume will be coming to America on April 1st, with the second volume coming July 1st. There are several Pokemon mangas in existence, and for those of you who read them, the one coming to America is the "Pokemon DP" manga illustrated by Ihara Shigekatsu. The product description for the first volume is as follows:

Set in the country Sinnoh, the story follows the adventures of Hareta, a young boy raised in the wild with Pokémon. Recruited by Prof. Rowan, he decides to become a Pokémon trainer after catching his first tame one, Piplup. He and the Professor's assistant, Mitsumi, set off on a quest to find Dialga, one of the three "Legendary" Pokémon, which is rumored to be able to control time. But Team Galactic, lead by villainous Cyrus, is hunting for Dialga too.

Personally, I just started reading a Ruby and Sapphire generation manga last week, and I found it very surprising that just as I started getting into it and talking to people about how great it is, Viz decides to release a Pokemon manga in America! I suppose fans who have wanted a Pokemon manga to come over here for quite some time will now be extremely excited and happy, since many have had to rely on Japanese versions for several years now (although several volumes of a first generation manga were translated and released many years ago by Viz, like "The Electric Tale of Pikachu" in 1999). In my opinion, the different Pokemon manga are much better than the animé, and the storylines are extremely unique, detailed, and enjoyable, so this is something to definitely look forward to if you watch the show and want to go beyond the television!

Thats pretty cool! I really enjoy those things. I have both the newer Red and Yellow collections, and a few of the older ones. I like this manga because it actually makes sense :lol:!

manga is like comics. In print. Anime is a cartoon, Japanese animation. This is generally televised.

One is more kinda kidish and the other (Well the old ones) where based for older people.
I don't think a kid would be verry happy see a Pokemon cut in half b a slash attack.

I've always liked Red over Ash. Red KNOWS how to evolve his Pokemon and he has a freaking PoliWRATH! OH YEAH!

I look forward to seeing the manga.

I'm absolutely amazed I'm the first one to point this out.
It's not Pokemon Adventures.
It's one of the many other (not nearly as good) pokemon mangas that used to run rampant in the days of RBY. There were tons of different series of manga that weren't related to adventures. This is one of those.
The DP saga of adventures' storyline is totally different from the thing advertised there.
So, yeah. It's not adventures. Chances are, it's going to be just as terrible as the anime.

So, yeah. It's not adventures. Chances are, it's going to be just as terrible as the anime.

just as long as Team Rocket isn't there. If they are not then it's good in my book. Team Galatic's can't be compared to Team Rocket since they don't have that stupid motto which takes up 1/3 of the time in the Anime.

One is more kinda kidish and the other (Well the old ones) where based for older people.
I don't think a kid would be verry happy see a Pokemon cut in half b a slash attack.
The Pokemon manga are not aimed at an older audience than the Pokemon anime.

In general, the only difference between manga and anime is, as previously mentioned, that one is a printed and the other is animated. Of course, anime adaptions of manga are frequently edited and sometimes toned down because of broatcast restrictions. However, this doesn't change the target audience, but this is a moot point since the Pokemon anime is not an adaption of the Pokemon manga.

Back