Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Nationals Report: Great Tournament, Sour Grapes: A Top 16 Juniors Report

Serebii1997J

Hai guys, it's me, Aaron Z.. I'm back after my mediocre Regionals performance, going 5-3. My first year at Nationals, and I go 6-2 then top cut to Top 16! I'm really happy about that, and I'm probably going to get the invite. So my story starts when I'm at the airport. It's 7:00 PM on Friday and everything is fine. Plane is coming on time, and I've ate a good dinner. I start switching sleeves which I just got, Red Palika ones. Then what? Oh crap. Our flight got delayed to 8:30. Okay, no too bad. So now it's 7:53 PM. Guess what? Our plane is now scheduled to take off at 9:48! DAMN IT. So now, I'm really ******. At 8:30, now what? The plane is CANCELED. I'm like, holy crap. I'm really mad. It's 8:30 PM on Friday. I should be on the plane, reading or playing my DS. But NO. I'm here in the plane station. We wait for a while, and try to see what we can do. Guess what? The next flight is tomorrow, at 9:20 AM. That's too late. So my dad is AWESOME, and offers to drive me there. 11 whole hours, We had to go on I-80 for hours. We go home, and switch cars. So now we're driving. I sleep for about a total of 3 hours that night. We get a ticket on the way :redface: I though the tournament started at 9, so I panicked. But we got there 12 minutes before sign up :biggrin:. I get ready, we have a few problems with sleeves, but all is well, Now, the report!

Round One: James M, with Eeveelutions

I have a horrible hand. One Baltoy. No call energy. Here's the real hand: Baltoy, Claydol, Claydol, Prinplup, Empoleon, Celio's, Night Maintenance. Wow. And my other Baltoy is prised. So I come back a bit, but I just couldn't fight back. Some time, I have two Empoleons, but he has a killer Leafeon Level X. At late game, I needed one basic to kill with Surf Together, and after two Claydols and a Stevens, I draw crap. Good game.

0-1 already? Not good. not good at all:nonono:. I have to go at least 5-3 to make cut, and one loss can't be good right now.

Round Two :A little boy, just starting with Bastridon

Okay, so he was starting new. I'm okay with an easy win :p. He's really cute, and I remind him to draw and such. Okay, so later, we have a problem. He gets our Bastridon, but he doesn't know too much about Anger Revenge. I set up a Bronzong and start spreading. He thinks he takes damage, so we get a Judge. The Judge is awesome, and is very patient about it. He winks to me, and I understand. He gives a really good example of if you were burned, would that mean taking damage? No, you PUT the damage counter on! So I obviously win, but that was an interesting game to say the least. Good game

Sweet, I'm coming back. 1-1 isn't too bad, and I feel more confident now that I have ONE win. lol. Well, I cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Round Three: Someone with Infernape MD

He has a pretty bad start. Weakness also kills him, so yeah. I get 2 fully charged Empoleons, and he just draws dead. I actually spare him, because we were joking around. We all knew I was going to win, too bad he just had to get constant bad draws. Another note though, he didn't play Claydol or Delcatty, so he had no draw power at all. Just Infernapes. Good game, sorry you had to have such a bad start. When we flipped over our basics in the beginning, he was like "Oh man, I'm going to lose"

:O I'm 2-1 right now? Yep, that's right! The Worlds Worst Pokemon Player is 2-1! I'm coming back man!

Others coming today.

Last edited:
Wow, that flight would of screwed my performance.XD
Red Palkia sleeves? I saw 1 kid with those at Nats. So that's you?

The palkias are nice. Where did you get them? eBay?

Empo, huh? Nice choice.

I say, nice performance.

Wow that really would have suked Aaron. I was going to buy red palkia's but they were like 25$ and I thought they might rip.

Nice Job on Top 16 though

I heard about your Dad driving all night to get you there in time for Registration. 12 mins to spare. Dad FTW. Congrats on T16!

Keith

My daughters flight was at 2:30 Friday...after waiting for 3 hours they finally declared the flight canceled..

Thankfully her mom and grandfather got a flight to Cleveland and drove the rest of the way in...they got into the hotel at around 2 am.

I really feel for you guys. You royally owe your dad. Congrats on t-16 too.

Clay

Back