My Opinion on what Movie 7 will be about

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Water Pokemon Master, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

1st Movie - Mewtwo, Mew
    2nd Movie - Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
    3rd Movie - Entei, Unown
    4th Movie - Celebi, Suicuine
    5th Movie - Latios, Latias
    6th Movie - Jirachi, Groudon (a fake Groudon)

Above is listed all of the legendary Pokemon featured in each movie. So far, the only legendary/unique Pokemon a movie has not been based on would be the Regi's, Kyogre, and Deoxys. So, could the next movie be based on one of the above? I think that the movie will feature Deoxys and might take place in space or something like that. If it does feature Deoxys, it wil probably have some sort of introduction to how Deoxys was created in space. Maybe Deoxys will come and try to destroy the earth or something since it was spontaneously created, kind of like Mewtwo. Or it will talk about how it is all alone in the universe or that it came from another planet or something. Out of all the Pokemon, I think that Deoxys will be the most interesting to learn about since it was not born on Earth, and maybe it will introduce us to where the Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Solrock, and Lunatone came from and talk about Semore the Scientist's theory. What do you guys think?

2. Marril

Marril New Member

A movie based around the subplot hinted at in RuSa, with a space shuttle going up in orbit and coming down harboring a virus, and that virus mutating into Deokishisu (I hate the name Deoxys, okay?) would just rock. It'd be interesting and a real change of pace from the uninteresting plots of the last few movies (legendary is all mystical and stuff, someone is hunting it, there's a big fight, happy ending, kiddie-moral lesson shoved down our throats about not messing with legendaries).

3. Water Pokemon Master

I just realized I forgot Rayquaza and Ho-oh. Anyways, I think that the next movie will feature the Regi's, then Deoxys, then Ho-oh. Since Ash began with Ho-oh, I think he will end with Ho-oh and him becoming a Pokemon master, which is why I think the Hoenn region will be the last series. (hopefully not, though)

4. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

and Raikou what about him why is he always forgotten?

5. Water Pokemon Master

Raikou was already in the TV show and it is in the Raikou Special that aired in Japan (though it hasn't aired in the US, yet)

6. Marril

Marril New Member

They won't air the Pokémon Crystal animé (the Raikou special) because it doesn't have Ash in it at all. The group consists of Kenta, the G/S male character, who has a Typhlosion and Beedrill (maybe some others, those are all I saw from the clips), as well as Marina, the Crystal female trainer, who has a Misdreavus (Muu-chan), Jigglypuff (Pink-chan), and Croconaw. There's also some guy in green whose name is Jounouchi IIRC (could easily be wrong), who chose Chikorita from Elm, which is now a Meganium. Didn't see him in the clips though, although we did see the Nidoking-toting rival in GS (name, anyone?) as well as someone I could swear is Eusine.

The basic plot of the special is that Vashou and Buson (two members of TR who blow Jessie and James out of the water both in terms of competence and coolness) are using some new TR technology called the Crystal System, which apparantly absorbs electricity, to capture Raikou. Kenta and co. get mixed up in this, eventually beating TR (I'll say this: Perish Song is broken in the animé) and freeing Raikou from its entrapment in the Crystal System. TR in this movie uses a Skarmory, Steelix, and reportedly a Muk, as well as the "Chicken Walker", a rather impressive mech piloted by Buson.

Tried to find more than Claymore's clips of it, but I couldn't find anything. It's a shame, because Pokémon Crystal was a far better animé than most of normal Pokémon (although the Silver League battles were very nice, especially Charizard vs Blaziken).

7. The Anaconda

The Anaconda New Member

Rival's name? Nobody knows rival's official name (you can still call him silver though).

The interesting thing about it, though, is Kenter and Marina have official US names as of the beginning of the Silver Conference. The one kid Jonouichi (I also think that's what it was), gave the names of the other two. So maybe...

As for Pokemon 7, I think it would be interesting if it is Deoxys (Marril... I don't get your logic on using the Japanese name. It's pronounced about the same, and either way it is STILL a subset name of the term Deoxyribonucleic Acid). I don't think they'd go with the topic suggested by Water Pokemon Master, though, because it would be too Pokemon 1-esque.

*tries to remember Deoxys' PokeDex entries in order to suggest a possible storyline...*

Hmm... I can't remember it right now, so I'll make a suggestion later.

P.S. Oh and yes, that was Eusine in the Raikou special.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2003
  8. Water Pokemon Master

Here is Deoxy's PokeDex entry (thanks to Psypoke):

RUBY: The DNA of a space virus underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam and resulted in DEOXYS. The crystalline organ on this POKéMON's chest appears to be its brain.

SAPPHIRE: DEOXYS emerged from a virus that came from space. It is highly intelligent and wields psychokinetic powers. This POKéMON shoots lasers from the crystalline organ on its chest.

Deoxys seems like it would be evil to me. It sure seems like it is the most weirdest Pokemon since it was created in space, but I wonder if it should even be called one.

Also, does anyone know where to find the Ken Sugimori picture of it?

9. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

you were mentioning movies and the legendary pokemon that appeared in them and as I stated Raikou was never in a movie

10. Marril

Marril New Member

It's a preference thing, really. I just don't like the way the word Deoxys looks (same for Rekkuza/Rayquaza).

It's called Pokémon Crystal. It counts as a movie, even if it wasn't very long.

11. Water Pokemon Master

The Raikou Special it is sort of like Mewtwo Returns. I just don't know why they never released it here. I doubt they will now, anyways, since Advanced is beginning. Oh well.

12. cutie

cutie New Member

[CHRISBO EDIT - removed quote of original post; no need to repeat it twice. Thanks.]

I would like the next movie to have Jirachi again with Kyogre, Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. But that's because I like them a lot, especially Jirachi.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2003
  13. Turbo Blastoise

Turbo Blastoise New Member

They're going to make a 7th movie? Man, this is starting to be as bad as the Land Before Time movie series j/k :)

14. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

I have not heard about anything official with regards to a 7th film for Pokemon in Japan as of yet. I DO know that they have recently opened a 4th Pokemon center there however.

It has been "speculated" that TPC is hedging their bets so to speak, and just attempting to ascertain how well the "next generation" of Pokemon will be received with the Japanese market. From everything I have seen and read over the last few weeks and months, it seems to have been VERY well received. Couple that with a new opening of a 4th Pokemon center in Japan, I would say, that the Brand is quite healthy in that country.

So, I am guessing that possibly the next Pokemon film, might go more along the lines of what Disney and Pixar are doing now, all CGI.

I must admit, even though I have no desire to see "Finding Nemo", the animation looks TOP notch. I have also noticed more CGI animation being used in the more recent Pokemon movies, so it might make sense that they are going to go all the way with this now.

My three cents.

Skywolf1

15. Water Pokemon Master

Especially in the fifth movie with Latios and Latias. They used so much CGI that my head felt like it was going to explode. There was one part where these people were walking from a high up angle and they looked so fake becuase they were done in the computer.

Anyways, at the end of the sixth movie that aired in Japan a few months ago, there was a commercial saying that the seventh movie would come out the same time next year, but there was no info given to what it would be about.