My Pearl Game Went Crazy

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by charmander rox, Nov 18, 2007.

1. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

I beat my Rival, I save my game, I turn the game off.

I turn the game on, it tells me that my file is corrupted. I end up in front of Rival. I beat him again.

Then I check my box. My Infernape, Staraptor, and Heatran just cloned themselves!
    Also, my newly-caught Frisk/Thief Banette, my Fly-Tropius, and my Foresight Machop all disappeared!

This is so wierd!!! :confused::frown:

2. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Well... umm... Congrats? Partial congrats, that is. Sorry for the loss of Pokemon. How soon after did you turn it off?

3. charmander rox

Well, actually, I battled my Rival three times in one day. After the first time, I turned it off, then on, and the game's save file was corrupted. I battled my Rival again, then turned it off. Six hours later, I turn it on again and beat my Rival again. Then I check my box, and...

. It really fustrates me that I just caught that Banette, and now it just transformed into an Infernape.

Now can't move my Pokémon around safely without the possibility of another cloning. :frown:

4. Quatra

Quatra New Member

I'd say move them off the game and restart (that is if you don't want to lose what you have left) I doubt that it will get any better from now on. Another option, and possibly a better one, get a new copy of Pearl.

5. charmander rox

Unfortunately, I don't know how it happened. It might have been that I timed my save wierd. It might be a problem with my game. I'm hoping that it is the former. After all, I probably turned it off in the middle of saving.

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Have you ever used a Action Replay on the game? Those things can cause crazy stuff like this.

7. charmander rox

No. I HATE Action Replays.

8. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

This sounds similar to the cloning trick in emerald. My brother didi the trick wrong and ended up deleting his pokemon instead of cloning them becuase of the timing when he turned it off while saving.

However, in DP there's a doublesave feature so you shouldn't have cloned pokemon like you can in Emerald. There should be a backup file with everything normal on it. Wonder why your game triggered a glitch that's similar to Emerald.
    ~Cyber~

9. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

Sounds liek you have just by mistake did the same thing I have done..
    (Except I never lost a Pokemon)