Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My POSSIBLE Battle Roads deck: HYDRO CONTROL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mca3

I have been thinking of a Great ROGUE deck to make with Empoleon and something out of the NEW set, I think I have found it!!! Empoleon is a GREAT pokemon, and one of MY favorites. A few of the Eeveeloutions do GREAT Damage Spread, and Glaceon came to mind. So WHY NOT make a Nice Rogue deck out of them??? I really cant find a good name, I stink on Deck Names!!! I wanted to build a deck with a NEW idea and Pokemon, so here it is:

22 Pokemon:

4 Empoleon DP5
2 Prinplup DP
4 Piplup DP

3 Eevee Dp5
2 Glaceon Dp5
2 Glaceon Lv. X Dp5
1 Vaporeon DP5

2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

21 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums/Tools:

4 Bebes Search
4 Roseannes Research
2 Island Hermit* ( In case I get something good Prized, of course)
2 Stevens Advice
1 Copycat
1 Scott
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Mainteance
1 Galacia's Stadium

17 Energy:
3 Scramble
4 Holon WP
10 :water:

You want to Start with Eevee OR Piplup either way is okay, BUT a Eevee start is MORE welcomed. Spread Damage with the Evolutions of Piplup, WHILE building Glaceon and the other Eevees on the bench. Bring up Glaceon, and Spread Damge WHILE SHUTTING DOWN Poke-Powers!!! Vaporeon is good for Healing YOUR bench, if Empoleon DP5 damages it with Group Surf. Claydol is here for Consistancy!!! All and All, I think this will be a Great deck!!! I think this can do WELL along with MAYBE a few changes. Let me know what you think, and if I CAME UP with a Good idea. THANKS for your Help and Comments!!!:thumb:

Here are the Translations:

Piplup L.10 – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[W] Water Spray: 10 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 10 damage.
[C][C] Headbutt: 20 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Prinplup L.24 – Water – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Piplup

[W][C] Ice Blade: Does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon.
[W][C][C] Overwave: 50 damage. This attack also does 10 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)

:water:Empoleon L.49 – Water – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Prinplup

[W][C] Dual Splash: Does 30 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Pokemon.
[W][W][C] Group Surf: Does 50 damage + 10 more damage for each of your Benched Pokemon. Flip a coin, if heads do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)
Retreat: 2

:water:Vaporeon LV.45 – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[W] Rinse Off: 30 damage. Remove 2 damage counters from each of your Benched Pokemon.
[W][C][C] Hyper Whirlpool: 60 damage. Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard 1 Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)

:water:Glaceon LV.44 – Water – HP80

[W] Snow Cloak: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to Glaceon during your opponent’s next turn.
[W][C][C] Speed Slide: 60 damage. This attack’s damage isn’t affected by Resistance or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Steel (+20)

:water:Glaceon Lv. X– Water – HP100
Level Up

Poke-body: Freezing Breath
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, your opponent’s Pokemon can’t use any

Poke-powers.

[W][W][C] Avalanche: 70 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack also does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Steel (+30)

:psychic:Espeon LV.44 – Psychic – HP80

Poke-body: Sunlight Veil
Each of your Pokemon in play that’s evolved from Eevee has its maximum HP increased by 20. This Body stops working if another one of your Pokemon’s Sunlight Veil

Poke-bodies is already in effect.

[P][C][C] Morning Sun: 60 damage. You may move an Energy attached to Espeon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (+20)

:colorlessEevee LV.14 – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Call For Family: Search your deck for as many Eevee as you like and put them on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C] Lunge: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)

Last edited:
Theres better options to run with empoleon when the new set comes out IMO, koygre, and much more.. I would just wait and see what the set brings us.

I doubt Empoleon will be a Archetype, ANYWAYS I have been Runnng Empo since I started playing, and have used him in LOTS of decks. He wasnt a Archetype when he came out, why would it take so long for it to happen NOW??? Thanks, CharChar, you NEVER know, lol. Besides I use it to Counter Stadium Crystal Beach!!!

Last edited:
Dont think you need glacias stadium. Nobody plays electrivire anymore. GoodLuck :thumb:

actually, charchar, i ran into quite a few electravire decks at the last regional i went to. they're still active but not as much as a threat as GG

hey hey hey...Glacia's Stadium is for Pachy, not Electivire.
And you could also replace Umbreon for Mantine/Mantyke.

If I'm thinking of about how playable Empoleon is when MD hits, then I'm thinking it's on a lot of people's minds.

I do like the deck idea though. Eeveelutions will be huge come BRs and with two evolutions being :water:, Empoleon would be a good Marvel Team-Up.

I doubt Empoleon will be a Archetype, ANYWAYS I have been Runnng Empo since I started playing, and have used him in LOTS of decks. He wasnt a Archetype when he came out, why would it take so long for it to happen NOW??? Thanks, CharChar, you NEVER know, lol. Besides I use it to Counter Stadium Crystal Beach!!!

uhhh sorry to wreck your bubble.... It was a archetype when it came out. have a look at the Worlds 07 winners and stuff. Empoleon was the deck.

-1 lake boundry
-1 Galacia's Stadium

+2 Warp points

I was actually thinking of a deck like this when DP5 comes out. I think empoleon will be back near the top come battle roads

I made a FEW changes to the Deck list, let me KNOW what you think! I might change the Island Hermits, for some POVs OR Steven's. Yes, Empoleon WAS played A LOT when it came out, BUT was NOT considered an Archetype, BUT I have been playing him since December when I started playing( When he was LESS played or considered DEAD). I NEVER gave up on playing him, and NEVER will. I just thought I have found a GREAT combo with him!!!

Yes, Empoleon WAS played A LOT when it came out

Dude, that's the DEFINITION of a archetype. a deck that sees "A LOT" of play.

Anyway, it looks pretty solid, and should hurt mag a bit. I don't think it will drive Mag extinct, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back