Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My R/G/B/Y team.

Kyfogre22

I've made a new team on R/G/B/Y and I'm in the process of training it. But before I make some major mistake, I'd like some suggestions on my team:

Magmar
Toxic
Flamethrower
Smokescreen
Confuse Ray

Parasect
Slash
Solarbeam
Growth
Stun Spore

Dugtrio
Sand attack
Slash
Earthquake
Fissure

Starmie
Psychic
Recover
Surf
Double-Edge

Scyther
Double Team
Slash
Swords Dance
Agility

Magneton
Substitute (I like this because it avoides OHKO's really well)
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Double Team

Yeah, I have a weird choice of pokémon. But theres a few things I'd like to note.

1)No legendaries.
2)Parasect has a good attack.

Last edited:
Magmar:
Looks good enough.

Parasect:
I'd suggest switching out Solarbeam (I don't like 2-turn attacks outside of Fly) for Giga Drain.

Dugtrio:
Do you really need Fissure on there? There must be a Rock type attack he can learn, maybe Rock Slide or something...

Starmie:
Find some way to throw in Thunderbolt, it can be helpful in mirror matches and the occasional Dragon battle.

Scyther:
I wish this were for GSC, that'd be a perfect baton passer... Anyhoo, it looks pretty good.

Magneton:
IMO, that's a strange moveset, but kinda necessary since you don't have the Metal attacks.

Magmar: I agree.

Parasect: There's no giga in r/b/y :(

Dugtrio: Fissure combos really well with sand attack, and it saved my butt during the league. Remember that dugtrio is very fast, and can quickly reduce the accurracy so even the most accurate attacks miss frequently.

Starmie: Thunderbolt has no advantage over dragon. Dragon resists Thunderbolt, which would make it neutral on them. In case of a mirror match, I'd use Double-Edge, because Starmie has a fiarly low defense.

Scyther: I agree. XD

Magneton: Strange it is, but its pÜr stall. It's effective when it works, and it works most of the time.

Why not take advantage of Parasect being the only one to use Spore in the game? So far, your team looks really good. With Parasect, try going with Slash, Mega Drain, Growth and Spore. Ditch Double Edge on Starmie. Go with Thunderbolt or Ice Beam instead. Other then that, everything else looks good.

Isn't spore the exact same thing as stun spore? Mega drain has a BA of 40 and parasect's special isn't exactly high. I might change Ice beam on starmie, but I cant remember who I'd obtain it.

Spore puts the opponent to sleep and has a 100% accuracy rating. Stun Spore paralyzes the opponent though. And Parasect really can't live that long, so putting your opponent to sleep would be best.

Back