my sleeping pattern is wayyy out of control now...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Jason, Dec 25, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Jason

Jason New Member

I cant seems to sleep at normal time like 12 am and i happen not to fell asleep sucessfully by like 4am >_>

Help me >_>

2. *twitch yourself to sleep lol

3. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

i got the same problem, i go to bed at like 11, but dont fall asleep for an hour or two later.
    i think its cause i have a lot on my mind so it wanders and im not concintrate on falling asleep until i stop thinking about stuff and center my mind on one thing until i fall asleep.
    maybe the same thing will work for you.

4. Jason

Jason New Member

hmm...mine always take FOREVER.... 4 hours :(

5. pat460

pat460 New Member

it seems like you play WoW lol

6. Jason

Jason New Member

i dont play wow. ;p

7. your excited about your trip around aus for cities?

8. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I usually stay up till 4-5 am easily since I am not a morning person. Then again, whenever I try forcing myself to sleep earlier, usually doesn't work.

9. FriedBlaziken

FriedBlaziken New Member

too much caffeine.

10. Flareon

Flareon New Member

Some tips:

1. Switch to drinking only water (and natural things like milk, orange juice, etc.)

2. Don't play on the computer (games, surfing, chatting) right before going to bed. Put about an hour in between if you can.

3. Exercise during the day.

4. Take a shower or bath right before bed.

5. Reduce your sugar intake. Sugar is in a lot more things than you think (McDonald's Hamburgers, for example).

6. Don't do home work or other work related tasks in bed. This can make you associate the bed with being a work station, and not a place of peace and rest.

7. Try reading in bed if you can. It can be something you enjoy, or something very boring to put you to sleep. Just make sure it isn't for school or work (finish that on time, before bed).

Those things have helped me. I just have trouble peeling myself away from the computer because of AIM and watching Deathnote :x Good luck, and sweet dreams :)

11. z-man

z-man New Member

Use self hypnosis. It worked wonders for me.

12. Lakak

Lakak New Member

i play games on my nano until i fall asleep while listening to Iron Maiden.

13. Jason

Jason New Member

Great tips, however does that means i gotta stop having my laptop on my bed ?

14. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Have you been sleeping in later?

15. Jason

Jason New Member

i went to bed at like 9am and got up at like...12ish and went back to sleep at like 2 and got up at a great time which is 8am. Good sleep I have in like uhhh... 2 or 3 months. Still needs to get off the bad habits :(

16. (TYranitarFReak)

(TYranitarFReak) New Member

Listen to some R&B or read some books.

I, sometimes have problems sleeping too. Too much thoughts flying all over my head i guess...

sheep counting is your last resort :)

17. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Do you mean 9pm or 8pm instead of two "am"s 'cause otherwise you'd have slept 23 hours :lightning

18. Jason

Jason New Member

Ehh... I meant 9pm. My bad.

19. Yeah, and i have a drowzee ready to evolve into a hypno next level. I`ll trade it to you for Aipom.