My Tangrowth Variant

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by im9today, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im9today

im9today New Member

I've been racking my mind on what kind of DP-on deck I want to make for next season and I think I've found it.

3x Tangela
    3x Tangrowth
    3x Togepi
    1x Togetic
    2x Togekiss
    2x Treecko
    1x Grovyle
    2x Sceptile
    2x Baltoy
    2x Claydol
    POKEMON: 21

4x Bebe's Search
    2x Roseanne's Research
    4x Rare Candy
    4x Professor Oak's Visit
    3x Warp Point
    1x Super Scoop Up
    TRAINERS: 18

20x Grass Energy
    ENERGY: 20

The biggest problem is it's not nearly fast enough. At least form my experience. I've only been playing it in Redshark because I don't quite have all the cards yet (I'm a few off).

Also, I have a lot of trouble taking a TGW.

Finally please don't suggest I switch to Leafeon. It's not within my budget, besides I like the sniping aspect of Tangrowth better and I don't have to rely on a Lv. X.

Please help me out!

2. LegendaryLugia

LegendaryLugia New Member

I can see what you think about inconsistently. You're running 2 Stage 1s and 2 Stage 2s. I'm not going to reccomend Leafeon Lv.X because I prefer Togekiss due to the facts: a. you can have 4 in a deck and b. you can rare candy it from Togepi and c. it doesn't have to be active to evolve. The thing is you can't do much with the inconsistently. The only other option is that you remove the Sceptile and play 4-2-4 KIss.

3. Danjel

Danjel New Member

Mine looks like this:

Pokémon: 23

4 Tangrowth
    4 Tangela
    2 Sceptile
    1 Grovyle
    2 Treecko
    2 Furret
    3 Sentret
    2 Claydol
    2 Baltoy
    1 Chatot MD

Energy: 15

15 Grass Energy

Other: 22

4 Roseanne's Research
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Professor Oak's Visit
    1 Team Galactic's Wager
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Night Maintenance
    3 Leftovers
    2 Warp Point

I also tried with Togekiss (just remove the Furret-line for Kiss), and Exeggutor and stuff.. My list is much more consistent now, but kinda lacks that final punch it needs to win a severe majority of the matches I play. At least it's safe you know... 4-2 isn't good enough for somebody

4. im9today

im9today New Member

Im considering running 1-1-1 Sceptile, 2-2 Tangrowth, 3-1-3Togekiss, and 2-2 Claydol, using the extra space to put in Night Maintenance(for the small amount of Scpetile line and Tangrowth line), and some quick balls. Hopeing it might speed some things up.

Any comments?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  5. maddox23

maddox23 New Member

mine is 4-3 tangrowth
    3-1-3 sceptile
    3-2 exeggutor

6. xX Smeargle Xx

xX Smeargle Xx New Member

i think this is a good varient and it can achieve great things, but i agree you could speed things up.

7. im9today

im9today New Member

i saw an exeggutor at Smeargle's uncle's house today... lol i was thinking about it. let me test run the deck first though

Actualy, im going to keep the Togekiss and get rid of the sceptile and tangrowth all together and when DP5 comes out just put in a grumpig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.