My Turnpedo deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ColdCoates90, Dec 26, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdCoates90

ColdCoates90 Active Member

Pokemon 18
    4 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
    3 Cacturne
    4 Carvhana
    3 Sharpedo
    2 Zangoose
    2 Wobbuffet

Trainers 25
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Oak's Research
    3 Master Ball
    3 Switch
    3 Warp Point
    3 Copy Cat
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Moo Moo Milk
    1 Elm Training Method
    1 Oracle

Energy 17
    8 Water
    4 Multi Energy
    3 Rainbow
    2 Boost Energy

Heres my deck! The strategy is to get Cacturne up a quick as possible to destroy my opponents bench.
    I use Sharpedo to help protect from blaziken and I'm thinking of replacing him with Espeon(SS).I plan on using this deck for the upcoming city champs in Memphis.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2003
  2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I would drop a Carvana and a Cacnea for 2 Dunsparce. Its ability to fetch and Hide behind the 2 is fun. Now you see Sparce no you take Damage/Poison if you attack.

Also consider Fast Ball to Elms. It is a 50/50 shot at whichever evo, but it is a non Supporter, and I think it might run better for this deck most of the time since it gets an Evo, then you can Oak/Cat whatever for your Support.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2003
  3. ColdCoates90

I really don't think I need Dunsparce to get basics but I like the idea of fast ball over PETM.

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

You may not need dunsparc, true, but it helps. Its Strike and Run attack lets you also switch for a benched Pokemon, which means you get up to 3 new basics on bench, and if they attak for damage, they take damage/poison due to powers.

Also you might go 4/4 on basic energy Psy and Water. that way Wobbers doesnt need a Special energy card on it to attack. All attack cost are mostly colorless anyways, so this could work just as well, maybe better

5. SlimeyGrimey

SlimeyGrimey New Member

My fix:

17 Pokemon
    3 Cacturne
    3 Cacnea
    3 Sharpedo
    3 Carvanha
    2 Wobbuffet
    3 Dunsparce

25 Trainers
    4 Oak's Research
    3 Oracle
    3 Pokenav
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Birch
    2 Power Charge
    3 Potion
    2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
    1 HPS
    2 Warp Point

18 Energy
    6 Water
    2 Psychic
    4 Dark
    3 Multi
    3 Boost

6. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

Nice to see you here Moltres!! Spectreon knows what he's talking about: play Dunsparce. Play Oran Berry or Potion of Moo-Moo Milk. I've gotten double tails too many times. Fast Ball is an option;I'd go with it over Master Ball. Take out the PETM for another Oracle. Run 4 Rainbow and 3 Multi and make Psy/Water Energy 3/3. Make Boost 4. That's personal preference though. Well, GL with the deck!!

7. ColdCoates90

Heres the newest version:

Pokemon 18
    3 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
    3 Cacturne
    3 Carvhana
    3 Sharpedo
    2 Zangoose
    2 Wobbuffet
    2 Dunsparce

Trainers 25
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Oak's Research
    3 Fast Ball
    3 Switch
    3 Warp Point
    3 Copy Cat
    1 Town Volunteers
    2 Oran Berry
    2 Oracle

Energy 17
    3 Water
    3 Psychic
    3 Multi Energy
    4 Rainbow
    4 Boost Energy

I like your fixes Spectreon and Magnechu.(I didn't read all of your post before Spectreon.)
    Btw its nice to see you too Magnechu! I just joined the site a few days ago.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2004
  8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I htink you may have been better off with 8 basic NRG instead of 4 Boost, IMO. Boost is a nice 1 shot, but overall I think it slows the deck down. If it is running better, then ignore this, but if it seems to stuttter, then switch the energy back, adding 1 to each basic type.

Yeah Oran Berry/Potion/Moomoo is preference. I tend to get at least 1 heads most of the time, so I prefer Moomoo myself, but use whichever fits your playing style.

9. ColdCoates90

Do you think another Cacnea is necessary?

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Nah, 3 + Sparce oughta be OK, sides thats what Town Volunteers is for, make 3 Cacnea seem like 4-5 Cacnea

11. ColdCoates90

Anymore comments/suggestions anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.