Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My weak and unimaginative deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycodad

Yes this deck has not tested well but my son wants a good rk9 deck. Here it my weak and lame attempt at it:

RK7
Pokes
2 smoochum aq (I may go to 1)
1 zangoose
2 buzz
3-3 cacturne line - auto poison when attacked power
4 4 rk9 1 sky 3 ss all growliths and 3 Rk9 are auto burn when attacked power

4 elm
4 shaman
3 oaks research
4 switch
2 fast ball - I really do not want another supporter but this card is not a great fit in this deck
2 fan club
2 town vol
2 mirage stadium - opponent stays burned/poison longer

nrg 18
10 fire
4 lemon
4 grape

The strategy is rk9 beatdown with buzz/cacturne to protect weakness. Use the auto burn/posion power ASAP and drop mirage, switch out to a built poke and continue. I like the smoochum against psy weak pokes. It is one of the best babies left IMHO. The shamans are hand disruption to go with the poison/burn/mirage theme and can be anti oracle which is seeing a ton of play locally. So there you have it, a lame weak deck needing your help.

Last edited:
Interesting way to name the Energies...
All you need to do is change the Pokemon and Trainer engines to stronger versions of the same concepts. You have three Energy types, so you may want Lady Outing, even though it is a Supporter.

After testing last night, I decided to go for more denial so here it is. I also found that you do not want 10 fire nrg’s due to the discarding requirement of rk9
RK7.5
20 Pokes
1 smoochum aq
2 buzz
3-3 mightyeana line
3-2 cacturne line - auto poison when attacked power
3-3 rk9 all growliths and Rk9 are SS auto burn when attacked power

22 trainers
4 elm
4 shaman
3 oaks research
3 switch
2 fast ball - I really do not want another supporter but this card is not a great fit in this deck
2 fan club
2 town vol

nrg 18
6 fire
4 dark
4 lemon
4 grape

I've been thinking about a deck like that...
No playtesting on this, but here are some ideas...

4 - 2 rk9
4 - 2 Cactus prick
2 Buzz
2 Smoochum

4 Claw Fossil

4 Elm
3 Dual Ball
3 Wally's Training
3 Lady Outing
3 Mirage Stadium
4 Switch

5 Strawberry Energy
5 Lemon Energy
5 Grape Energy

5 Happiness Cards of your choice

Hi Doug
Good to hear from you, I drafted both lines at the prerelease in Sturgis and won so I have been tinkering with both lines in a modified deck. The auto burn/poison is tough. I have not tried the last post list due to work travel but I like the denial/mirage to prevent switching out of the status. I'll post again when I test.

Last edited:
well, I think I know where you're going with this deck. Therefore, I'll make my version for ya:

4 Growlithe-SS
3 Arcanine-SS
4 Cacnea-SS (57/100)
3 Cacturne-SS (Poison Payback)
4 Zangoose-SS

4 elm
4 shaman
3 oaks research
3 switch
2 Wally's Training
2 fan club
2 town vol
2 mirage stadium

20 Cherry/Strawberry/Apple Energy :lol:

Strategy is like this: Since all the Pokemon I have in my version can use Fire/Any energy, I decided to just go with Fire energies. Obviously, both Cacturne and RK9 are the main hitters, however, you want them to get some damage (Especially Cacturne). I know your going "wtf is wrong with you," but I really mean it. If they get hit, as we all know, the defending Pokemon will get some sort of Special Condition.

The problem with all fire is rk9's attack requires that you discard all fire nrg's attach and it takes 3 turns to power back up. With RK9, you only want 1 fire nrg on him to attack. And yes, I want my opponent to attack.

After some more testing and in light of a high nrg format of e on, I have finally found the right 1 stage line to compliment RK9 and cacturne, SS espeon.
pokes 20
1 wobbuffet
2 buzz
3 eevee sky
3 espeon ss

23 trainers
4 elm
4 shaman
3 oaks research
2 lanette's net search
3 master ball
3 pokenav
2 town vol

nrg 17
6 cherry
4 lemon
4 grape
3 boost - works well on espeon and cacturne

I may drop 1 buzz and 4 lemon for 1 solrock and 4 multi nrg

Last edited:
I think you will be better off with SS Eevee. Its abilty to make sure it evolves is almost as good as Energy Evo and Chain Reaction.

I honestly think this will be a much better deck in 2-2 than on 1-1. can also add Fire and Grass Cubes to help with the status too. This is just my opinion, and I might be wrong. I wanna build this for 2-2 myself, forcing opponent to choose between Poison and Burn with every attack, then adding the other......

If I were you, I'd chnage the title of this post! lol I think this is pretty good and very imaginative! Good deck. There's nothing I can see that I'd drop or add.

Spectron
In testing this deck has faired suprisingly well in 1-1 although it is very good in team. As far as the eevee, I like the 30 for 2 attack. With pokenav and master ball getting espy has not been an issue. spy is better late game when the opponent has loaded up the nrg so getting it early is not to crucial.

HypnosProjectHQ
Thanks, but the "weak" title was appropriate with the first 2 lists but the addition of espy has elevated the status to a "not so lame" deck. I like the way the last list plays against what appears to be the archetypes in the eon format. Non typical (no archetypes allowed!)lists are my style.

Now with the format defined, here's the latest list.
pokes 19
1 wobbuffet
1 zangoose
3 eevee sky
3 espeon ss

23 trainers
4 shaman
3 oaks research
2 lanette's net search
4 master ball
4 pokenav
2 town vol
2 switch

nrg 18
7 cherry
7 grape
4 boost - works well on espeon and cacturne

Now it's playing good enough to put into good sleeves, here's the latest list.
pokes 21
2 Wynaut
2 wobbuffet
3 eevee sky
3 espeon ss

21 trainers
4 shaman
3 copycat
2 oaks research
2 lanette's net search
4 pokenav - I like this trainer - search the top 3 cards for an nrg or poke and place the other 2 in any order on top of your deck.
2 town vol
2 switch - helps with mirage out

nrg 18
7 cherry
7 grape
4 boost - works well on espeon and cacturne
I dropped the masterballs for wynaut and another wobuffet. I have also added copycat. This lets me pick and choose when to shaman for max disruption.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back