Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need assistance chasing down an Ability cancelling bug

M_Liesik

Master Trainer<br><font color=green><i>Keeper of t
A number of players have reported that Abilities are not consistently being applied when their activation effects are triggered. The most common examples of this are:
  • Knocking out a Pokemon with Lugia-EX's Plasma Gale attack does not result in drawing an extra card from the Overflow Ability.
  • Garbotoxin does not prevent the use of other Abilities while a Pokemon Tool is attached to Garbodor.
  • Attacks from Team Plasma Pokemon are not increased by 10 while Deoxys-EX is in play.

The Mods have escalated these reports to the Dev and QA teams, but those teams have been unable to reproduce the bug in either the live game client or the internal test versions. That's not to say it isn't happening; just that they can't find the sequence of events that's causing this bug to occur. As there are more of you than there are of them, they're hoping that the community can provide an explicit set of reproduction steps for this issue.

Due to the complexities of card interactions, the best way to communicate these repro steps is via video. If you've got the capability to capture video and have a deck that encounters this bug on a regular basis, please record your matches with that deck and send them to us via the Support Portal. With enough of these videos, the Dev team can identify a common cause and document repro steps.

Thanks in advance for your help!

That's actually a different bug. We're already aware of it and will be addressing it in an upcoming game update.

So long as people continue to report that this issue is occurring, yes.

Mike, I'm Mark from Brazil and I do need to talk to you or at least send you a p.msg. Is there a way for me to reach you? Thank you!

This just happened to me today with my Empoleon deck.

Abilities were working fine for most of the game and suddenly Exeggcute's Propagation stopped working. I had no way of activating it to get it out of the discard pile. The following turn I couldn't use Dusknoir's Sinister Hand ability. A few games after the same thing happened but with Exeggcute only. =\

Back