Need help with a BAR deck!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by registeel, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. registeel

registeel New Member

I really need help with a BAR deck I havn't had any so if this deck is really bad please no insults this is all I have right now.

Pokemon: 22
    Blaziken x4
    combusken x3(R/S)
    torchich x3(R/S)
    Ampharos (energy connect) x2
    Flaffy x3 (witch set?)
    Mareep x3 (witch set?)
    Rayquaza ex x4
    Magby x2 (Exp.)

Trainers: 20
    Oracle x4
    Pokemon Fan Club x4
    Professer Oak's research x4
    Warp Point x4
    High Presser System x2
    Pokenav x2

Energy: 18
    Fire x10
    Lightning x8

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  2. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Heres how it goes

4 Blaziken
    2 Combusken
    4 Torchic
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Mareep
    1 Flaffy
    2 Ampharos
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    3 Rayquaza

4 Oaks Research
    4 TV reporter
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Oracle
    1 Warp Pojnt
    1 TV

12 Fire
    4 Lightning

Give that deck a whirl and see how it fares.

3. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

yea the strategy is to get 1 electric energy on the reyquaza and discard the fire, u only need like 4 electric in the deck

4. Marriland

Marriland New Member

You need Jugglers though. No BAR/D deck should be without them! ;/

-2 Oak's Research
    -1 TV Reporter

+3 Juggler

You'll find yourself getting huge hands with that kind of deck anyway, so the Oak's Researchs aren't really that effecient (or at least, they don't work for me).

5. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Juggler...or TV Reporter. I would go with Reporter since you draw and then discard and can discard a late Sparce or something.

6. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

TV reporter is better because this deck is so energy hungry with Delcatty and attaching every turn, not to mention the fact it plays 16 so your dependent on having energy in your hand constantly which just not the case. So here TV reporter is the better call because you dont have to discard energy.

7. Marriland

Marriland New Member

Yeah, true, but you should still drop the PORs for something else.

This type of deck should be getting Delcatty out within the first 3-5 turns of the game so then it can draw through the deck faster, and once you get Delcatty out, you'll almost assuredly be playing with 8-10+ cards in your hand, so POR will only help you in the first few turns of the game, or if, by some freak chance, you need to shuffle your hand into your deck to prevent you from decking yourself, but even 2 PORs is enough for that.

Just my suggestion ;)

8. registeel

registeel New Member

Thanks for your help but I think I still need a little more help you know I also need help getting the cards:D.

9. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

i wouldnt drop oaks research its the best supporter for draw out there its an early help for a bad hand

10. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

i like to add in at least one fisherman, with all the delcaty and TV reporting and even with the recharge you WILL find your self with more NRG in the discard then you can get out. Also it helps if you have to discard a early lightning NRG, then you can fisherman it back to your hand instead of having to TownV it into your deck and then hoping to get it again. Also, for reasons already stated (large hand sizes) one copycat is uselly a good idea.

glad to help :D :D

11. registeel

registeel New Member

I don't think I would want to add in a Delcatty thats 2 stage 2's and a stage 1 in a deck should I really do this or not?

12. registeel

registeel New Member

Thanks for every ones help so for right now this is what I have.

Pokemon: 26
    Delcatty x2
    Rayquaza ex x3
    Blaziken x4
    Ampharos x2
    Combusken x2
    Torchich x4
    Dunceparce x4
    Flaffy x1
    Mareep x2
    Skitty x2

Trainers: 18
    Oaks research x4
    Oracle x4
    Rare Candy x4
    TV Reporter x4
    TV x1
    Warp Point x1

Energy:16
    Fire x12
    Lightning x4

Any other coments or is this really the way to go? (venusaur) I don't think I want to take out a Rare Candy for a Copycat.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  13. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Or drop a candy for a Fisherman, I prefer the fisherman

14. registeel

registeel New Member

So is this really the way to go?

15. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Here's my fix:

Pokemon: Drop a Blaziken. Don't look at me like I'm crazy. I've thought about it and I don't think four are necessary. Just pray that all three wind up in your deck. With this deck being so card dependent, you must take out the extras and put in other stuff. Other than that, this looks good. Seriously, flame me if you will, but I say pray for luck with three Blaze.

Energy: Don't change anything.

Trainers: We now have room for 19, so let's distribute these a little more evenly, shall we?
    Supporters:
    4 Oracle
    3 POR (I'll have to take this over Copycat with this deck)
    4 Rare Candy
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Switch
    2 PETM
    1 Fisherman

The logic behind this drawing/searching engine? I dropped a POR and a TVR because of the speed Delcatty offers. You want Dlecatty out turn two. No questions asked. Three is acceptable, but get it out turn four and you're doomed. Speed, speed, speed in this deck. That's why I also added 2 PETM. Helps with Blaziken and Ampharos, but mostly used to vitually upgrade your Delcatty count to four. It also bypasses Desert Shaman, which tons of good players use to disrupt first turn Oracles.

Switch are good for this deck: You want to keep the lightning energy on Rayquaza, if someone gets Warp pointed up and you need them out of there, etc. Fisherman over Volunteers because it puts the energy into your hand incase you need to Energy Draw late game (if your deck can handle it) and because you'll have extra Ray and Blaziken even if some do get KO'd, so use Fisherman.

That's my fix. It's relatively close to what Jermy made, but not close enough to be charged with plagerism. Is that how you spell that? You all know my spelling reeks. Thanks for posting, Devon.

16. registeel

registeel New Member

Any one have any other coments?

17. eauxmar

eauxmar New Member

I think this is pretty obvious but use the Double-Edge Skitty so you can get rid of Shedinjas.

18. registeel

registeel New Member

Yeah I know I am using the Double edge skitty its much better then all the rest.

19. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Curiousity killed the cat...

Hi!
    I'm very curious about your test-results with this deck (from the matches you've played with it so far), as I think it's a great challenge to play two full-stage lines, and one semi-stage line too. Most of your pokemon will start take a beating right away, since they have no defense and you have no healers.
    Your deck will off course work exellent when/if you get you pokes evolved and the strategy going, but what if you play against, say, a well-build Gardevoir EX deck, with Woffuffets, Dunsparces, PETM and boost energies? Wouldn't he manage to pull out Gardevoir/EX a lot faster (as it being the only card that needs evolvment), plus keeping Wobbuffet as a Rayquaza EX stopper?

Well, if the BAR deck works better than a straight BR deck, then I'd like to build one myself, and take it to the weekly tournament downtown.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  20. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

This deck will beat Gardevoir 4/5 times. Gardevoir will get occasionally lucky, but because you discard the energy he loses some power. With Dunsparce you can set the basics up almost immediately, and oracle/delcatty/tv reporter to give you a lot of draw... getting you up very quick. I personally play this deck, I have the deck built online and in real life and play it all the time and will get it set up by turn 4-5 almost every game, if not quicker. It's actually a very, very fast deck. The reason why the 2 stage twos work is because the Ampharos you only need ONE out and you're not trying to power up both and attack... they're support pokes and will maybe attack depending on the situation but not the majority of the time. Normally it'll be Blaziken and or Rayquaza Ex attacking. Maybe even Delcatty sometimes, but because of Ampharos never attacking it's not hard to set the deck up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.