Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need help with my deck, Iron Fists

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusAran28

Hey guys!

I'm going to compete in the Utah State tcg competition on March 21st. I'm trying to put together a deck centered around the fighting and steel types. This is what I have so far:

Dialga EX
Hawlucha EX
Aegislash EX
Mawile
Skarmory (phf)
1-1-1 Machamp
1-2 Graveler
Hitmonchan
Patrat (safety check)
1-1 bronzong

x2 fighting stadiums

Exp Share
Trick coin
x3 Roller Skates
Vs seeker
X3 trick shovels
X4 switches
Super Scoop up

X3 battle reporter
Pokemon Fan Club
Bianca
Lysandres trump card
AZ
Professor juniper
X2 tierno
X2 pokemon center lady
Cheren

X9 fighting energy
X4 metal energy
X4 fire energy (placeholder for steel when I can get more)

I have a little bit of strategy to go with this.
If you don't pull an EX in your opening hand, use draw supporters to get one as fast as possible. Get the energies it needs, and hit fast and hard.

The patrat is there for when you look through your deck for some reason, and you can't find a certain card. Use safety check to find that card in your prize cards.

LMK what you guys think. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think trying to mix fighting and steel the way you are is going to be inconsistent at best. All of the cards that boost the damage of your fighting types won't effect your steel types at all, and those are really the cards that hit the hardest out of the group you've described. My advice to you would be to grab more bronzongs and go for a pure steel deck or failing that, the steel EXs that you mentioned and then other attackers that can be powered up by colorless energy only.

What group do you play in: juniors, seniors or masters? I'm trying to get an idea of the kinds of decks you might play against so I can give further advice.

Have you looked at the lucario with the ability that makes it steel and fighting
it gets the boost from fighting support and steel support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back