Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need Help with Team Fortress 2 and Portal

greengonzo

I start the game and it goes through the things in the beginning. Then it has the black box in the corner that says loading... then it just closes. Sometimes it says the engine error that i need DirectX 8.0 or higher to run this game and i know i have DirectX 9.0. I tried a lot of things in the support files on the Steam website(game creators site) but it still continues to do this. At first i only had TF2 installed so i uninstalled it and installed portal but it says the same thing. Please help and thank you.

Does your computer meet the games requirments? Also, check the website of you graphic card, and see if you are using the most current drivers.

I used to get a message while trying to play Counter strike source saying " Your drivers are out of date". They were not, sometimes Steam updates do more harm than help.

Well i figured out why. It was because my video card did not support Shader Model 3.o which i guess most of there games will now. So if anyone could help me find a reasonably cheap video card that supports Shader Model 3.0 that would help greatly. Thank you.

Well i figured out why. It was because my video card did not support Shader Model 3.o which i guess most of there games will now. So if anyone could help me find a reasonably cheap video card that supports Shader Model 3.0 that would help greatly. Thank you.

Wow, I got dual NVIDIA 6800 (supports Sli) for under $200.00 (for both) check this site for great deal!http://www.newegg.com/

Also, when me and a friend put together a budget gaming PC, we used this graphics card. It is more than enough, to run games like, F.e.a.r and Bf2 in their highest settings, with no fps slowdowns, and $199 is not a bad price!

Last edited:
Back