New Combusken Promo

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Son of Leod, Aug 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Son of Leod

Son of Leod New Member

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I dunno. It looks like a fake to me -- a good fake, but a fake.

3. davechri

davechri New Member

What is that supposed to be a picture of? A Massive Gas attack?!

4. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Yeah, it does look pretty bad... but I'm assuming that's Combusken using Double Kick or something, with his leg moving really fast...

5. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Impressive. Most impressive.

Interesting how they changed the Winner symbol.....

6. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

So Once again we in the UK and Europe will be able to buy our league kits from ebay before Nintendo have sorted out our leagues :(

I think it's a real shame that Nintendo seems to be as unable to stop the sale of league items by retailers on ebay as WotC.

So lets see we can't register for leagues yet in Europe, Nintendo are buggering about with us over OP and are not talking to us professors, indeed we can only get grandfathered rights by playing the system and now we can buy league promo's on ebay! BUT...

Nintendo can't organise for us to get some from them.... I am getting a real warm feeling about the future of the game in Europe .. yeah warm like a rotting pile...

If we get OP and Leagues in October (seems unlikely) that will mean that the UK has had no sight of new promo's for 4 months .. yeah there is going to be a great player base left by then!

You are messing this one up big time ... still there is always eBay :mad:

7. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

Are they allowed to? I'd think only Ebay itself can do that.

8. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

They can't stop the retailer selling these particular items on, but they could prevent them getting any future materials and I suppose they could even get retailers to sign an agreement not to sell the items on untill after 12months .. or something like that.

What happens is that retailers will say if caught doing it that they have bought the cards back from winners who did not want them... there should be some sanction applied but I doubt there will be..

The real shame is as I say is that we can buy these on eBay but we cannot get them from Nintendo.. bad move delaying Europe and the UK, just like WotC did all it does is make us feel second class ...

9. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

you were lucky: 'when I wer a lad we used to dream of being second class'

But seriously after four years of mess from wotc UK we are seeing signs that things aren't changing under Nintendo. Just how hard would it be to stick a handfull of promos in the post to the few remaining UK leagues?

10. Tego

Tego New Member

Things are changing with Nintendo. But not until OP starts here. And yes, we're way behind the USA. But as soon as OP gets started here (this fall) things will become much better.