new deck from new series

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by emoboy1987, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emoboy1987

emoboy1987 New Member

trapinch (SW)-3
    Vibrava(SW)-2
    Flygon(SW)-2
    Diglett(SW)-3
    Dugtrio(SW)-2
    Riolu(DP)-2
    Lucario(DP)-2
    pokemon-16

Energies
    Fighting-16

Trainers
    Professor oaks visit-3
    professor elms training method-2
    Celio's network-2
    Bill's maintenance-2
    warp point-3
    Holon mentor-2
    Strength Charm-3
    Island Hermit-2
    Plus power-2
    TVR-2
    Rare candy-2
    Copycat-1
    Windstorm-1
    Speed Stadium

let me kno wut ya think ...suggestions are always welcomed:thumb:

2. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Strategy?

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Let's see...

Pokemon lines could be cleaned up a bit. Diglett and Dugtrio are interesting, but they slow down your plays of Vibrava and Lucario (Whom seem to be the main pokemon)

Pokemon lines would look cleaner with

4-4-2/3 Flygon line (Flygon can be played with 2 or 3 copies, due to extra emphasis on Vibrava)
    3-3-1 Lucario line (That's a 1 Lucario LV.X if you are unfamiliar with this), or a 4-4 Lucario line.

That'd add to a minimum of 17 pokemon or 19 pokemon maximum (depends on how many of each card you decide to play), meaning you'd only need to cut 1-3 cards to add the extra stuff to deck.

Trainer line could then do with some cleaning.

Let's see, turn all Prof. Elm's Training Method into Celio's, as you run no EXs. Roseanne's Research will prove better then Holon Mentor (due to choosing energy or basics), remove the mentors for them and find room for 2 more.

Windstorm has limited usefulness, as you only use Flygon's body and perhaps Lucario LV.X's power should you tech it in. You don't really need it in such a deck.

TV Reporter, Island Hermit, and Bill's Maintenance all feel like you could use better cards to do similar effects. I like using Team Galactic's Wager in such decks to mess up your opponent (though Team Galactic's Mars is an interesting use as well). There's obviously Castaway + Some Tool combinations (such as Cessation Crystal or Buffer Piece) to use here as well.

Speaking of tool cards, I feel like Pluspower has highly limited use in here, as most damage is done to pokemon beyond the active (where Pluspower is not increasing damage).

I also... Don't... Really like Speed Stadium in this deck. :/ It's flippy, and thus you can't always depend on it. Instead, consider Crystal Beach or Battle Frontier to mess up opponents like Blissey whom run Boost Energy, or the many Delcatty decks that need Energy Draws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.