Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New EX tins starting to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you play with the promo cards even if the tins aren't officially out yet?

yes u can

tournament rule:15.5. Unreleased Cards

From time to time, players will acquire cards from a new set prior to its regular release date,
usually via a Prerelease. These cards may not be used in sanctioned tournaments until the
regular release date of the set, as outlined in Section 16, with one exception. Cards that are
already tournament legal which have been reprinted in an unreleased set may be used as long
they are easily identifiable as a reprinted card. This is typically only an issue when a reprinted
card receives new art, though other factors may create a similar issue. These cards should
always be played with the most recent wording of the tournament-legal version of the card.

And they will be until the US release date. Also, cards are just more expensive in Europe, regardless. Something tells me though that if this is widespread enough,then we'll see the single promos on ebay soon as well.

---------- Post added 08/18/2012 at 11:16 PM ----------

But it is rather unfair

Last edited:
Ha

I knew I shouldn't have bothered buying all the remaining BW singles the other day. Guess I won't be even bothering to get one copy of each tin and just buy all them all as singles then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back