Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Fun Modified Deck: Crawdaunt Steelix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyranitar666

Hey everyone, I figured I would post this fun little deck here while I am bored. Its far from a tournament winner, but its fun none the less. Let me know what you think of it!

4 Corphish
4 Crawdaunt ( Rending attack )
2 Onix
2 Steelix
4 Dunsparce
2 Sentret
2 Furret

4 Metal Energy
4 Boost Energy
10 Water Energy

4 Professor Birch
3 Professor Oak's Research
2 Copycat
1 Town Volunteer
2 Team Magma's Hideout
2 Switch
3 Hyper Potion
1 Fisherman
4 Potion

The basic premise of this deck is to use Team Magmas Hideout to put a damage counter on everyone of your opponents pokemon when they play them. This allows Crawdaunt to smack it for 60. Thus the boost energy so they swarm. This does great vs Blaziken. The other kicker is Steelix, which deals bench damage as well. I am running the new Sandstorm one, so once it gets set up, thats 20 to all benched pokemon. So if a pokemon gets hit by the stadium and once from Steelix, The Crawdaunts deal 60, and thats 90. If Steelix hits twice your effectively OHKOing anything with 110 HP or less. Crawdaunt hurts Fire, and Steelix with alot of metal energy can defeat alot of non fire decks on its own. By the time Steelix drops, Crawdaunt should be able to pull off wins. The bench damage should stop resistance pokemon from getting in the way too. Again, this is more of a fun theory deck that any form of tournament deck, so its not great, but its a cool concept that one day may be able to compete. Opinions?

Ok here is jus a little tweak for you.....18 energy is a litlle much so i prolly would take out 1 water and put in 1 more hideout just for a little more consistancy on getting it...in case 1 might be in your prizes youll still have 1 more in the deck......also if it was my deck i would probably take out a potion and a dunsparce and put in 2 more switches jus so you can switch out in tight spots....trust me youll use them haha....anyway thats jus my input :)

I effectively only have 14 energy, 10 that can be used by Dunsparce or Corphish though. Boost Energy is situational and I do not count towards my total. The Metals will not be attached to ANYTHING by a Steelix. That is why the energy count is so high even though I have that Furret. I also like higher energy counts so you can get them. Switches can be maybe upped, but Im thinking -2 water energy +2 Warp Energy instead. The 4 Dunsparce is sweet, and I would like the extra stadium, I do admit.

I lik3 the idea...it's a pretty cool. But lik3 u said though, I don't think it very tourney worthy? This is why its your FUN DECK huh? lol

The only think I could really think of was to
- 3 Hyper Potion (horrible kard IMO)
- 1 Potion
- 1 Fisherman (didn't think u needed it w/ TV)
+ 2 Nurse
+ 2 Energy Charge
+ 1 POR / CC

You figure, if your gonna try to go Boost / Swarm with Crawdaunt, wouldn't Nurse be betta b/c you have no energy on it anyway....unless ur trying to lean away from the high supporters? I threw 2 Charge in there to try and lengthen the boost-swarm possibilities. The extrta draw card of your choice, b/c draw is neva bad.

I would play Oran Berry over Potion to get that extra card outta ur hand when you Birch or so you don't re-draw it w/ POR or CC, but that has been argued to death and its all personal opinion. :D

GL wit it
Duck

I like your deck, it's nice seeing something that's original and is actually pretty cool. I think that you should try to get a couple DRE in there, just so you can get stuff powered up quicker along with Boost. You also need to get some Warp Point in there to get easy KOs. Other than that, it looks pretty good. You may want to take some of your healing out for more draw like PETM, Oracle, and TV Reporter, but you can test it out and decide on that. Good luck with it!

The draw engine is relatively untested. As for Hyper Potion it is in for a reason. I do not heal Crawdaunt. They are expendable at best. It is Steelix I need to keep alive. THEREFORE when I face decks such as Ampharos EX who are resistant, I need to get in a healing war. THEREFORE the 50 less damage is HUGE compared to 20. I use it just because it is more effective with a Tanked Steelix who is used to do well vs anything not Fire ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back