Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New league in Cary-McHenry Il

AXE

i'm helping set up a league in the Cary-McHenry area with in the next few weeks.I was woering if theres anyone out there from this area interested in joining.

NW Suburbs? I'd be there if there are at least 5 or 6 other people who want to join. Pastimes and Windy are each about half an hour from my house (I live by the end of the 53) and I've been waiting for something closer. Where would you be thinking of setting this up?

I found a place in cary thats willing to do it but their store is moving to a bigger compex in about 2-4 weeks.

Where is it with respect to the north end of Highway 53, Lake Cook Road, or Arlington Hights Road? I need to know if I am going to make it there for anything. Thx.

If you go west on lake cook road to Rt.14. And go west on rt.14 its just on the other side of the Fox River.

what's the address of the new and old places? I wanna see if it's closer than Pastimes...

Overload Comics
212 W. Main St. unit 1
Cary, IL 60013

don't have a new address yet I think he said thats a few weeks away yet, but it will be close to this anyway.

wow... 14 miles away and only 25 mins driving time.... that's nice... when does this thing start up?

Sorry it took so long to respond it started today. And it runs every other sunday at 1:00 pm. For now. You are more than welcome to come. The popular format, at the moment, is unlimted. But my son and i both play modified as well.

so, is it going to be this Sunday, the 18th, or next sunday the 25th?

Next sunday the 25th. this sunday the 18th we are going to a sealed deck tourney by Milwaukee. Here's the info if you are interestedSunday 1/18/04 at Hobbytown USA, 17115 Bluemound Rd., Brookfield, WI.

Registration opens at 12:30, with a 1:00 tournament start. The cost is $10.

A new twist on a standard format: Theme Deck Draft!

Each player gets a theme deck and 2 LC packs. After opening and reviewing the theme deck's contents, the players will draft the 2 LC packs (in pods).

The idea is that drafting the packs may help improve the theme decks more than just opening the 2 sealed packs. We'll see! After drafting, players will assemble 40-card decks as usual. Pods will then be dissolved into one large age-modified swiss pool.

At the very least this will be FUN!

Back