New Mexico Adventure

Discussion in 'State/Province/Territory Championships' started by simba, Mar 14, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. simba

simba Member

New Mexico State Championships = Awesome!

Forrest and Simba's Road Trip to New Mexico = Awesome=er!

Jeopardy Question:
    With a trip that should have taken 591 miles to travel from Utah to New Mexico and back, Forrest and Simba drove:
    a. 598 miles
    b. They didn't drive, they flew
    c. 1196 miles
    d. 1653 miles

Double Jeopardy Question:
    This is the state in which the most number of wrong or missed turns were made:
    a. Colorado
    b. Utah
    c, New Mexico
    d. Arizona

Dailey Double:
    A return trip from New Mexico to Utah takes 10 hours 58 minutes. If Forrest and Simba left Albuquerque at 8:45am, this is the time they finally pulled in to their driveway at home:
    a. 7:45pm
    b. 9:45pm
    c. 10:45pm
    d. 11:45pm

2. Jason

Jason New Member

Wheres the report? Im not in for questions

3. Organic

Organic New Member

que?
    totally lost bro.

4. simba

simba Member

As a judge at NM States I don't have the same things to post on as competitors do, but I do have my own adventures with it and thought this would be a fun way to begin my side of the story from a tragic/comedic stand point. People familiar with the situation would appreciate it more, but as it stands I will post a more thorough traveling staff report.

5. Gyarados11

Gyarados11 New Member

From the bits of story that I heard Simba, my guesses are C, A, and C. It certainly sounded like quite the adventure.

6. EeveeLover

EeveeLover Member Services Administrator

My guesses are C, D, D.

I know the epic road trip there, but I am sure the trip home was just as fun.

BTW, how was Nebraska? :lol:

Thanks for the excellent work last weekend Simba! I hope Utah is just as much fun.

Lucky for you that you already know the way there... :rolleyes:

7. pokeMOM-2-4

pokeMOM-2-4 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/view.php?pg=iam

OK - here we go:

1. 591 is each way - not there and back, correct? (I know it is - so yes, that's correct) - so a TOTAL number of miles is..............D.

2. I think the screw-up (navigation dude!) was made in..................B. (that would be a missed turn)

3. Need more information. Is this 8:45 AM Mountain Standard Time or Mountain Daylight Time? Did you switch your clocks back before you left and jotted down the time, or not? I'm going with not (since I didn't either) and say...............B, 9:45 PM giving you an hour for stops. If it was any later either A) y'all screwed up again or B) you drive WAY too slow!!

SO good to see you again! Have a great Utah States this weekend. (and say HI to Andrea and crew for me)

8. simba

simba Member

So yeah.. the correct answers were D, B, D!!

I don't really think that it was possible. I was falling asleep driving into Salt Lake after having been in the car for 15 1/2 hours... for a trip that should have taken 9 to 11 hours max!! It stopped being funny by about hour 13 :/ Nebraska was looking all too much a possibility!

Still need to make a detailed report.

To be continued...!

9. spookees

spookees Active Member

OMG EPIC FAIL Simba! This was by far the most entertaining report yet! :)
    LMAO

Somebody has to tell Simba when he gets behind the wheel to drive anywhere there are not signs that say:
    "Simba and Forrest Turn HERE" maybe we should post some next time.

On a side note:
    The best comment of the entire weekend was by Alec N. the NM Masters State Champion!

"You know your into Pokemon when you keep wondering if you have enough bench space to send a text message!"

10. espy87

espy87 New Member

This really makes me appreciate that I was only 9 miles away from PA states and 44 miles away from DE states lol