New Mods/Admins?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by jdb728, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

I'm not sure where this would go, so if a Mod/Admin feels it should be somewhere else, feel free to move it.
    If a Mod/Admin leaves the Pokegym, how is it determined who becomes the next Mod/Admin?
    Is it just like the community votes on the canidates for who they think would do the best job, or is it just who the current Mods/Admins think is better for the posistion?

Not tryin' to start anything, I'm just curious. ;)
    Thanks for reading

2. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Generally you have to have connections to make it into any position. If it was done by a democratic process, some idiot would gain power and ruin it for everyone.

However I imagine a person's experience and actions would determine if they ever made it to a staff position.
    -Phil

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  3. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

It's basically just based on who has been most active, has had less warnings about doing wrong things, etc.

4. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

5. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Hey how'd you know that?

6. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Present.

Anyway, what generally happens is the other mods get together and decide who should be the next mod. Apparently they know something about it or something. ;)

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sheesh. I hope we have more to choose from than just who has less warnings!

Well, for an internet Pokemon board, we've got an incredibly stable group of mods. We've only lost a couple of people over the past couple of years (going back to WotC days) and have only had to add, I think, one mod from our original team.

8. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

Umm, what about the mods/admin(s)(I won't name names), that have done some things that are questionable?

So it's bassiccaly playing favorites?

This post was IMO.
    Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
  9. Yes, it is. The mods pick someone the know they can trust, someone they know they can work with, and someone they know who will do a good job. I'm betting they'd like a person with these qualities, thus that person becomes their favorite candidate.

Is there a problem with that?

10. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

What about members who have done some things that are questionable(I won`t name names)?They`ll never be a mod/admin. :cool:

As Randy stated,this has been discussed before.Locking for redundancy.

`Sensei

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.