new nrg style

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Bigpoppabeatdown, Jan 31, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

Ok yesterday i received my box of *** EX-1 (aqua/magma)

and in every pack you get a holo poke and a holo nrg

has anyone else besides myself seen this new style of nrg????

it looks great and the best part it, they're all holographic

if not here's the sight for it
    http://www.pokeschool.com/tcg/sets/jp/advex1/grass.jpg

that's the grass one, if u want something different just delete that last part of the url and it'll show u the whole set

but when magma/aqua comes out, will they have this type of nrg in the english set, and if so will it be holographic????

eh, that would be awesome if they didn't, cuz i'd be the only one around STL that had this nrg.......... I would rule the world.............. that is until psyduck goes and buys 3 boxes..........

sorry chaddy, had to rip on ya :D

2. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

The Metal and Dark ones look just like the league promos the last 2 months.

3. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

I hate to say it - but this was discovered about two months ago when ADV EX1 was first released...I've been trading them off to a couple of traders who are real keen on them (and my RainbowDeck v.2 looks awesome with a rainbow of holo ADV energies!!!) :D

4. Bigpoppabeatdown

i figured that it was, but i was curious if the nrg's will look the same and if they will be holographic

5. RainbowRichards

Hmmm, all Japanese ADV1 - 3 boosters have included energy (6 basics, Dark, Metal), but only R&S has had them in English. I'm not expecting TA & TM to contain BEC/Dark/Metal any more than did SS or DR. They'll have the special energies, though.

The latest Japanese set, ADV4, doesn't have the energy cards in holo.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004
  6. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Yeah I got some from RR. I too bought a box myself just b/c of the energies. They are always the rage at leagues and other events. I really hope they are next months promos. That would fit the theme perfectly continuing with energies.

7. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

Where did you buy these boxes

8. Pablo

Pablo New Member

how many of each type of energy did u get? as in how many fire water etc.? and also where did u buy it.

9. Bigpoppabeatdown

well i got it off of ebay...... well through ebay............ (i talked to a guy sellin a *** box of ADV 3 and i contacted him about other boxes

it was a great deal and i got it in 3 days after payment

i got

4 water (which i needed)
    1 fighting
    2 psychic
    3 fire
    4 dark
    3 steel
    1 grass (i wanted more)
    2 lightning

as for the holo's that i pulled, i got

4 steelix (the one from SS, i know i was like ;O)
    2 omastar
    2 magma's torkoal (hero's in a half shell, turtle power!!!)
    2 suicune EX
    1 kabutops EX
    1 Jolteon
    1 flareon
    1 umbreon
    2 sharpedos
    2 manectric
    2 ????(don't know the name, but it evolves from BALTOY)

i think it was worth it........ i woulda liked to pull one of the big EX's but i'm not gonna use em, so i didn't mind mucn

but the nrg's were the best

10. The Shepherd

The Shepherd New Member

love the new energy

11. Bigpoppabeatdown

well sheperd, it's nice to know that somebody is up at 2 or 3 in the morning, just like me.......... where's a good infomercial on tv when i need it???

12. Pablo

Pablo New Member

huh? so that only adds up to 20 :( i thought they were 36 booster boxes like here, oh well.

13. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

We all know when we get the energy like that, Nintendo won't be nice enough to give us a holo energy in every pack. THey will probably make them promos and even then, it will have that g** a** orange border on it. Japan always gets the best.

14. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Not only will we most likely not get holo NRG in packs, but I wanna know why we dont get a holo a pack garuntee.... japan has had several sets that have used this.... could you imagine if that happened here... then add the RH per pack, and a Holo NRG, packs would be 10 bucks each, lol

15. Bigpoppabeatdown

mudkip~~ sadly the boxes are only 20 packs, but i like it......... a guaranteed holo and a holo nrg in every pack.........

prime~~well they probably weren't but after reading your post, they will put on that border, just outta spite :D

spec~~ oh come now, 10 bucks???? come on, the box would cost your first born....... lol

16. RainbowRichards

The gentleman I buy my Japanese boxes from IS an eBay seller, but I buy from him direct (not via his eBay auctions). He has more ADV EX1 and ADV4 1/e boxes available. PM me for info.

17. Bigpoppabeatdown

yeah, i met him through ebay, i didn't bid on an auction for it............

18. RainbowRichards

Did it happen to be curtis?

19. Bigpoppabeatdown

yep, is that ur guy too???

i thought he was great, he shipped it fast, so i was perfectly happy

20. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

I would love to see these in the American version of ADV EX1. Its highly doubtful tho, but if they were included in every single pack i would WORSHIP NINTENDO forever. No if there released as promos i have no way to obtain them which sucks:(

tA