New player help.

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Mypasswordis1111, Feb 2, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mypasswordis1111

Mypasswordis1111 New Member

Hi guys, im new to the pokegym community, I just wanted a few pointers and tips on my deck, I just started playing pokemon a couple days ago so im really new to the game. Heres the deck I plan to use at the state championship comming up in a little bit. It will be my first tournament aside from the prerealse. Once again any pointers or tips would be greatfully appreciated. (Remeber Im not that great and i dont have a lot of cards:frown:)

Pokemon: 15

4-4 houndoom (GE)
    3-3 blissy
    1 sableye (CG)

Trainers: 27

4 celios network
    4 plus power
    3 mentor
    3 TGW
    3 Tv reporter
    3 cessation crystal
    2 castaway
    2 night maintnence
    2 stevens advice
    1 copycat

Energy: 18

4 boost
    4 Special dark
    5 fire
    3 holon ff
    2 basic dark

The Strategy

Ok then, so the strategy to this deck is very simple, get turn one houndoor, attach a fire energy. Next turn get out a houndoom and attack for t2 80-110 or 40-70 with burn, or 20-50 (im including the pluspowers and strength charms for the dmg.) and discard a card from there hand... (i know its amazing!) The sableye tech is for good top decks, and disable for blissy match-ups and it's a very good card in the format. The Blissy's are for beatdown after your first houndoom dies, bring one up with a holon ff and an energy or 2 hopefully, and just pound them get a fire from your discard and your not fish bait for gallade any more.. (well at least not as much.)

The Scans

Houndour L.13 – Fire – HP50
    Basic Pokemon

[R] Ember: 20 damage. Flip a coin, if tails discard 1 Fire Energy attached to Houndour.
    [C][C] Kick: 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (+10)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 1

Houndoom L.41 – Darkness – HP90
    Stage 1 – Evolves from Houndour

[D] Darkness Fang: 20 damage. Choose 1 card from your opponent’s hand without looking and discard it.
    [R][C] Dark Flame: 40 damage. You may discard either 1 Fire Energy or 1 Darkness Energy attached to Houndoom. If you discarded a Fire Energy, the Defending Pokemon is now Burned. If you discarded a Darkness Energy, this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: Water (+20)
    Resistance: Psychic (-20)
    Retreat: 1

Once again, im new and any help would be great. I created the list yesterday and I thought it would work pretty good.

2. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Hey, you cant just go around stealing my EXCACT list and posting it for yourself. Its kinda not right, cause thats my excact list.. You probaly copy and pasted it.

3. piñata

piñata New Member

Dude why would u copy someones list that horrible

4. Mypasswordis1111

What are you talking about? I made this list from scratch. How bout we give some helpful advice for a new player.

5. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Heres my advice, stop copying other peoples list!!

6. piñata

piñata New Member

4 absol
    4 4 houndoom

That's the way

7. Mypasswordis1111

Dude Its not the same, I play one copy cat you play one strength charm.

8. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Alright, heres real advice, switch the one copy cat for a strength charm. Then you should be set.

9. Mypasswordis1111

Thanks for the advice, i like copycat better because it makes it unique.

10. elekid_957

elekid_957 New Member

take out:
    1 holon ff
    1 holon mentor

add in:
    2 rosseanes
    after 7-10
    before 6-10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.