Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Player, Need assistance!!!

enormouscookie

Hello Pokegym community,

i had played pokemon from when it fist started until about 7 years after release. I havent played since, but a friend of mine, Frank Diaz, who is 5th in North America, has peeked my interest in it. he is going to be able to help me alot, but wanted to know what is good to buy right now as far as starters and boosters and other single cards. I want to know what decks are good now and some things I should look for. thx for your help. I am also not great at understanding some terminology since I am just coming back, so making this easy as possible for me would be very helpful

Hello Pokegym community,

i had played pokemon from when it fist started until about 7 years after release. I havent played since, but a friend of mine, Frank Diaz, who is 5th in North America, has peeked my interest in it. he is going to be able to help me alot, but wanted to know what is good to buy right now as far as starters and boosters and other single cards. I want to know what decks are good now and some things I should look for. thx for your help. I am also not great at understanding some terminology since I am just coming back, so making this easy as possible for me would be very helpful

Hmmm, well, for starters/boosters, I'd recommend, strongly at that, Secret Wonders. The Starter decks, unlike ones in past sets, offer some of the best things you could want, especially helpful trainers. Boosters I'd have to say DP-on for the most part. Right now, in this current format, Diamond Pearl, Mysterious Treasures, and Secret Wonders offer many different options. For single cards, I'd say look into trying to get trainers first, like Celio's Network, Steven's Advice, and other helpful trainers.
The decks that are really doing well at the moment are Gallade/Gardy/Absol, Honchkrow/Absol (Known as DarkWing Duck, or DWD for short), and some different versions of the Magmotar from Secret Wonders (such as Delcatty Power Keepers/Typhlosion MT/Magmotar SW, this deck is also known as Fire TRUK) Hope this helps.

I think that the best is first to pick a deck you like, for example here on the Gym theirs are many Archetypes you can pick from, and theirs also some decks on the front page. From there you can improve the list as you like. Only buy boosters if you are gonna be trading a lot, if not I would start out with buying singles to complete a deck.

I never found the deck easy to play, it has too many options that would make it easy to mess up. Go with blissey banette or something.

The current "hot" cards right now seem to be Blissey MT (it can go with just about anything), Absol SW (this also seems to fit into just about anything), Gardevoir and Gallade from SW, and several trainers. Castaway (CG), Windstorm (CG), Cleio's Network (CG), and Cessation Crystal (CG) are all staples in various competitive decks. Any of the Lvl X cards are also in demand, most of which you can get from tins at stores like Target, Toys-R-Us, or Walmart. Another good sounce of some of the new cards is your local league because POP6 packs seemingly all contain 1 Rare card from the DP series.

Back