New PokeGyms for old...

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by PokePop, Oct 26, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

We've kind of been discussing this in the Mod forum and Lizard just posted this in the H'ween thread:

So, I thought it would be good to open up a topic to discuss it so it doesn't take over the H'ween thread.

Do people like the "classic" PokeGym (WizPog) look to the forum, would you likie a brand new look to reflect the new version of the board (maybe and "EX" look?), or we could offer different skins as a personal choice and then different people can view the board with the look that they like.

This last version would of course require more maintainance, so we'd need to keep that in mind.

So.. What would you like to see when it's time to take down our Halloween decorations?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I'd like to see a few different skins. I know it's more work for you, but the fact that you suggested it shows that you're willing to take it on.

3. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

I laughed at this new skin at first, but it's kind of an eyesore now. But that's probably just because the colors are too close together for my taste.

In general, I prefer light backgrounds and dark text.

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I think it is cool to have these special backgrounds every so often. If we have them all the time then they would lose their charm. The Halloween theme looks so cool.

5. SomethingElse

SomethingElse New Member

lol, well, the new pokemon series is starting, why not make it with the new advanced pokemon? also, these colors are hurting my eyes... :eek:

6. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Will there be??

Hey since there is a halloween theme is there going to be a christmas theme or some other themes. Good job on the Halloween theme!:thumb:

7. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

i don like the old ones ,i like the themes like the halloween one its great! :)

8. Baboon

Baboon New Member

I like the Halloween look, well, just for this week or so. ;)
    Although I have nothing against the old original look, I'd also appreciate multiple skins, but that would prolly be a lot of effort.
    I vote to make some kind of light blue with the text being darker blue.

9. onederlnd

onederlnd Administrator Emeritus

I'm not going to release any information on what the themes will be as of yet. We're just looking for your opinions :)

10. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I would like an Advanced Generation or EX Dragon look. For Advanced Generation, maybe Tailow, Lotad, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Beautifly, Cacnea, and Dustox shpuld be the Pokemon since those will be some of the new Pokemon our heroes (and villians) catch. The fonst should be some sort of computerish font like in the Advanced Generation logo. For EX Dragon, we could make it Medivalish with the Old English font or something of that nature.

I could definately make the logo pic or anything like that if I am needed. I really would like to do that if I am allowed.

11. Carrington388

Carrington388 New Member

Actually, Advanced is not a new series. Kids WB had made that deception before with every single Johto arc, and I saw through that deception about midway through Johto League Champions. But I do agree with an Advanced themed skin, though. And possibly an EX Dragons skin.

I'd also like to see skins based on color schemes of popular Pokémon.

12. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

This is my sugestion from the other post. However, like it is now, poisin pokemon should also be on haloween

13. Shinji Ikari

Shinji Ikari New Member

I Like the idea of choosing your own skin... Megatokyo Forums has that feature also... I likes.. :thumb:

14. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Hehe.... MULTI-skins... sounds fun. :D

15. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

I like DARK backgrounds but this feels eerie... reminds me of Pojo o_O
    *apologies to pojoites*

WOo hoOo, I think our members have SPOKEN.

16. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yeah, I definately get a pojo vibe with the black background.
    I've actually been using it for the past couple of weeks, ever since Onderland put it up for test purposes.

17. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

I really like the idea of user-selectable themes! I did have to change back the the default, because I could hardly see when typing a PM ...

18. babayaga

babayaga New Member

Design Suggestion

I'd suggest increasing the contrast between the text background and the color of the text. With more contrast you don't have to worry about certain accessibility factors, for instance people with colorblindness being able to read it. Increasing the saturation of the text color would do the trick, or swapping the dark grey background for black (and perhaps moving the grey to the non-text background, where the back is now).

But, yeah, it was a pleasant surprise to see the new theme!

--Beth, whose .sig is now virtually unreadable!

19. Porygon3

Porygon3 New Member

I would like to see a green/red sceem for Chrismas. perhaps a "festive"? look for new years... a change every month would be nice, if possible. Perhaps a Pokemon for each day of the year, if that is able to be auto updated... I think some java could handle that, not sure how it would work.

20. Dek

Dek New Member

I would definately like to see a Ruby/Saphire skin since the game is out, the cards are out, and the new TV series is gonna start. Maybe even some Ruby/Saphire icons to go with it :eek: