Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Saturday League in Chicago area (Elmhurst, IL)

Neiburger

I'm starting a new Saturday League in the near west suburbs. It will be open beginning next weekend (Oct 6).

In warehouse space in the back of my law office, Neiburger Law, Ltd.
747 N. Church Rd, Suite B5
Elmhurst, IL 60126

The office is about 1/2 mile off of I-290 (Lake Street exit) about 6 miles south of O'Hare Airport if you are traveling on I-294.

When:

Most Saturdays from 10 am - 1 pm (We will not have league if it conflicts with premier tourneys run out of Rockford)

Other things you should know:

The space IS NOT CRAMPED (about 1000 square feet). There is plenty of space to play pokemon and eat and drink. (We're a little short of tables now, but are working on that).

We will have an adults' table for those who bring young kids. We have Wi-Fi in the space for all you who feel compelled to surf on your laptop (or if you are a parent, you can work). We plan to have a free terminal for other web surfing too.

We will have coffee for parents, salty snacks, and will sell soda for cheap.

We are not associated with a comic shop yet, so no one is selling product.

Questions?

www.neiburgerlaw.com/Pokemon

("Pokemon" must be capitalized or link won't work)

Yay! A Suburban Chicago league that's actually close to Chicago!! Given any thoughts to running any tourneys over there? I'm pretty certain that Chicago players are itching for a good tournament experience in the Chicago area.

Yes, I eventually plan to run tournaments, but not immediately. We need to figure out how many we can safely have in the space and get enough tables and chairs for all. I also want to take things slow, so the playing experience is the best that it can be for all who come.

If we can figure out those logistics and I can find voluteers to help run it, then maybe we can do something late fall.

*raises hand*

I'm always interested in getting the word out. Granted, I come from Urbana, but I have a Chicago base at the north end of IL 53, not too far from the place. Good idea, though, on waiting a couple of months to gauge the interest in the area. You might get more than you think very quickly, though, especially if it's close to either Metra or CTA stations...

Back