New store looking for Poke players in long Island!!

Discussion in 'Local Tournaments' started by gammerx, Apr 19, 2008.

1. gammerx

gammerx New Member

We are a new store called the Game Table. We just opened 1 1/2 months ago and our main purpose is having fun and playing almost every board and card game. We have some pokemon product but no players. Please, come on down, check us out, get some people playing and start some un/sanctioned tourneys! If you guys need something from a specific set, we will try to get it for you!!! We don't have a Pokemon TO so if one could come here and run tourneys that'd be great. If you are also interested in playing other card games such as: naruto, magic, a game of thrones, yugioh etc. or board games such as: D&D, Settlers of Catan etc. Please bring some friends and have some fun!!!
    We are located at:

167 East Jericho Avenue
    Mineola, NY 11501

2. Jason

Jason New Member

A word of advice: set up a league youself - that'll attract players :)

3. gammerx

gammerx New Member

I don't actually play, does that matter?

4. Jason

Jason New Member

you can just organise and own a league, thats all :)

5. gammerx

gammerx New Member

alright cool, thanks for the tip

6. Magnechu

Magnechu Active Member

gammerx-
    More than likely, my family is the most well known Long Island Pokemon family. Not sure exactly how far Mineola is from us, but most likely an hour to an hour and a half, we're from Southold which is 30 minutes east of Riverhead.

What's farther east, Seaford or Mineola? Seaford has a pretty decent store, though it's small.

You may want to contact Alex Shvartsman at kingsgames@gmail.com to see if he wants to run tournaments through your store, as that's what happens with the Seaford store. You'll usually get a fairly decent turnout as well.

If you can set up a tournament for like a cash prize or store product or whatever, I'm sure people would play, though this time of year is pretty crazy for us, and everyone for that matter. I don't know if it's too late to set up a Battle Road, but ask Alex.

Otherwise, good luck, PM me if you have any questions, or I'll check back on this thread within the next few days.

Mikey

7. gammerx

gammerx New Member

you are pretty far away, about 1 hour 30 min, mineola and seaford are basically the same difference, mineola is closer to the same latitude but its a lil more west, seaford is south, I am gonna ask the store owner to start a league and if you guys wanna come here, that'd be great! If you are looking for a certain product tell us and we will get it for you!