New Water Deck could use some help

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Justin T, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Ok I think I'm doing better than last year. I still have problems getting out basics at the beginning and even through the middle of a match. I've even struggle sometimes against younger players. I just want to get the right flow. Tell me if this already sounds good:

Mudkip GE
    Mudkip CG
    Mudkip CG
    Mudkip POP 4
    Buizel x2 GE
    Buizel MT
    Floatzel x2 GE
    Luvdisc x2 GE
    Marshtomp x3 CG
    Swampertex CG
    Swampert GE
    Remoraid x3 MT
    Octillery x2 MT
    Mantyke x2 MT
    Mantine x2 MT
    Holon Castform HP

Bebe's search x4 MT
    Team Galactic's Mars SW
    Rare candy x2 HP/POP 5
    Holon mentor DF
    Time-Space Distortion MT
    Glacia's Stadium PK
    Rival DP

Water Energy x17
    Scramble Energy x2
    Holon Energy WP x2
    Multi Energy

2. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

If you have access to GE cards, Lapras is a great starter for a water deck (see my post, a GE version of Empoleon). Otherwise, except for the fact that all of those Pokemon are water types, I'm not sure if they synergize well together since you haven't outlined your deck strategy. Good luck!

jconti2818

3. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Synergize? I'm a pure type meaning I only love water types. I don't think there's anything wrong with just having a deck of just water types. Plus I tried strategy and it didn't work for me. Plus all I want to do is have a great water deck with my swamperts as titans. I'm so lost.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

he was justt asking what your strategy is

you need to outline that anyway or this thread will be locked, if you do that i will be glad to help you

5. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Uh I've made threads before without strategy. Why is that so important I thought you could get your deck helped regardless. I just want to winning water deck with these two swamperts at my side, and the rest to help. I don't know if you would call that a strategy.

6. TODDakaESTEBAN

it's just hard for me to give you serious advice without some idea of how you play it , and it will get locked if you don't fix

7. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Ok well as I've always seen, you need soldiers and guards to protect your castle. The floatzel and octillery are the soldiers to fend of most things. The mantine are guards/walls that also give my pokes some retreat control. Ofcourse the glacia keeps me from going through that awful +30 from grass/electric problems. The swamperts would be my titans/castle to fight with the big boys. Only problem, I still have (like with my previous decks) problems pulling out basics at the start. Everyone else can do it, but me. If you can help from here I would be forever greatful. Also, I have every card from secret wonders if you want me to consider that awsome suicune.

8. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

What is your goal with this deck? How do the different Pokemon in the deck work well with each other? Please explain this.

Now, help. I don't know where you're going with this, but I'll try. First of all, only run GE Mudkips, though CG may be a viable option as well (Protection from an early Magmortar is sweeeet). Second of all, here's my list.

Pokemon (17):

Swampert GE x4
    Marshtomp GE x3
    Mudkip GE/CG x4
    Mantine MT x1
    Mantyke MT x1
    Octillery MT x2
    Remoraid MT x2
    Unown G GE x2

Energy (16)

DRE x3
    Scramble x2
    Water Energy x7
    Fighting Energy x2

Trainers (27):

Rare Candy x4
    Ceilio's Network x4
    POV x4
    Pokedex x3
    Master Ball x2
    Pokenav x3
    Dusk Ball x2
    Castaway x3
    Strength Charm x2

Or something like that.

Any way... Strategy: Mantine helps Swampert retreat, and Octillery gets rid of Special Energy (which can help alot). Swampert is your main attacker. I might even add in a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Wailord, just to stall while you set up, and to make your opponent deck out faster. Unown G is for protection against things like Bring Down, Sonic Blade, Mag Lv.X's Burning, and Pachirisu's Smash Short.

EDIT: I wouldn't recomend Suicune, but, although this is off-topic, good decks to build from only Secret Wonders are Gardylade, and to an extent, Magsol and T2 Banette. As for help on stopping mulligans, it's just luck of the draw. You can't really do anything to help it, except add in more Basics, but I wouldn't recomend it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  9. Justin T

Justin T New Member

So I definetely have a good amount of basics right? Also I kind of pretty much told you my strategy up there. And I just have most problems at the beginning because I only have 1-2 basics. Everyone one at my league can get a lot out and I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong. Also I think my main problem is that there isn't strategies at my league. It's just mindless destruction and that's why I'm so out of place with all this.

10. roaringforest

roaringforest New Member

- 1 remoraid
    - 1 Holon Castform
    + 2 Roseannes Research

11. Justin T

Justin T New Member

But holon castform is a special energy. Isn't that good?

12. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Oh, man, I can't balieve I forgot Roseanne's! Roseanne's can also help with getting more Basic's out early. And yeah, I just saw your post. What are the main decks/cards that you play against at your league?

13. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Ok cool I can get some roseanne's at my league. I've been playing against a good steel deck. It's a bronzong/magneton/bastidon mix. There's also an electric/grass dragonite mix. There's this monstrous girl who uses a torterra x deck. I managed to beat her, but I was struggling. If it wasn't for remoraid numbing water I would have been doomed. There's also a dusknoir and magmortar deck. Nobody has a strategy.

14. TODDakaESTEBAN

use tauros cg as your starter and to get rid of holon circle and put plenty of holon circle for swampert ex, felicity's should be your draw if you don't have them use tv reporter

you don't need castform for anything

15. Justin T

Justin T New Member

To be honest I just took holon circle out after the fact that noone lets me gather enough energy. They like to be jerks and attack to discard it right away. And yeah I'm going to have to use tv reporter.

16. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Hm... nobody has a strategy? Wierd... well, at my league, only the little kids don't have strategies. Ask some older kids what they're strategies are, if any. Well, for the Steel deck, I can't really see it being that great, unless it's being run by a skilled player. I don't know if you were playing Unlimited or Modified though. The Torterra deck should be pretty hard, because Swampert is weak to Grass. Against the Torterra deck, Octillery them to death, removing Special Energies so that they are still one Energy away from attacking. Then, bring up Swampert and do 80. Retreat again, and repeat. Or, if you are playing with Wailord, Octillery to get rid of Specials, while getting a Wailord up and ready. I can make my list go with Wailord if you like. The Dusknoir/Magmortar deck might be a chalenge, as Mag is DANGEROUS! Fortunatly, Mag is weak to Water, and you have a Water deck. So there you go.

17. Justin T

Justin T New Member

Sure make it out and we'll see what it looks like. Oh and there are only two little kids. The girl is the only one with skill and the other one doesn't know what the heck he is doing. Everyone and I mean everyone doesn't have a strategy. I play against like 16 year olds. Oh and the metal deck can be very strong. I suffer against bastidon almost all the time. He is the strongest there and has had different decks in the past that can beat me. Hopefully with everyones' help, that can change. Oh yeah and I don't have a tauros lol.

18. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Okay, so... here's the Wailord/Swampert deck that I want to make!

Pokemon (16):

Swampert GE x3
    Marshtomp GE x2
    Mudkip GE/CG x3
    Wailord GE x2
    Wailmer GE x2
    Mantine MT x2
    Mantyke MT x2

Energy (16):

DRE x3
    Scramble x2
    Water x8