Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

News article on pokemon

Are we missing movie, because it said 7th movie Jarachi the wishmaker.
I'm being sracaist( grrr can't spell). Long live Pokemon!!!!!:p

It irks me when statements like "If you have the best cards, you're probably going to win every match" get a lot of publicity. And they still make it out to be entirely a kid's game.

But I still like that very first line.

Pokémon is not dead.

i love when little kids come up to you and say

" HEY MISTER WHATS YOUR BEST CARD?!"

i always have a hard time answering that one...

Last edited:
I always tell people that I don't have a most powerful card because they can all be used in different ways for different things. Now when they ask me what is my most valuable card, I usually say my run-over, freezer damaged, microwaved reverse holo TV Reporter. :)

I remember the first Pokemon article that appeared in my local paper. It stated that the object of the game is to get the most cards. >.<

Then in a later article, they spelled "Doduo" wrong... And it's pretty hard to spell it "Dodou" when you have the correct spelling on reference.

Wow, MAJOR motion pictures. It's almost like they're rating Pokemon right up there with Finding Nemo.

When Pokémon debuted, it ignited controversy. Some parents thought the cards encouraged greed as they watched their kids become avid collectors.

Name something that doesn't, at least not to a shallow person.

"It's fun to trade them," White said. "If you have the best cards, you're probably going to win every match."

Well, this White has something to say about that... I've always considered the player to be part of the team and part of the deck. The player is always a factor in deciding who wins a match. Pit an inexperienced player with a powerful deck against a master player with any difficulty deck, chances are the master-level player will win, due to his/her knowledge of the game. If you have the best cards, good for you. But if you're not the best player, those cards aren't going to do you much good. They don't play themselves.

i hate how journalists, who are professional reporters paid to report news, never give Pokémon a fair shake. They always have some ignorant angle. They dont even make an attempt to understand their subject. And then they go and pick out someone on the inside to give their view. Who is it they always use? Some oblivious parent of some toddler or the toddler himself. I cant stand how they always seem to pick--out of every possible fan--a young, single-digit-aged child to give their "expert" opinion.

What valuable, thought out conclusions can they make? They can barely do "take-aways" and they are chosen to represent fans of a great brand? They are supposed to be the Sunday Best reporters give as Pokémon's representation? I am sick of that. They should go talk to someone who can actually give a real argument for why they support Pokémon. But then again, you can't get a more solid defense than "whomver has the best cards wins." Gee, I wish I were that eloquent. Good thing we got our eight-year-olds looking out for us.

dude, anyone, as long as they dont use sippy cups! Seriously though, i think that would make a whole lot more sense. I mean they have an ocean of people to choose from, they might as well ask the Water Pokémon Master! It's in his name, so you know he knows what he's talking about versus a second grader! DO YOU HEAR ME, YOU OBNOXIOUS REPORTERS?!!!

Last edited:
=-->]-[0t (V)uSt|d<--= said:
i love when little kids come up to you and say

" HEY MISTER WHATS YOUR BEST CARD?!"

i always have a hard time answering that one...
Wow. For me it's easy. I just say Professor Oak, then when they ask what that is and I tell them and they tell me that a newer card is way better, I hang my head in sorrow.

Also, as for the reporters getting ignorant, negative spins and interviewing eight-year-olds... bad news sells more than good news. It's sad but it's true. That and they've never asked the person who intentionally misspells Marill's name what she thinks, then mutilating what she says. I think that's the greatest injustice they've committed yet.

yeah, i sadly realize this bad-beats-good concept as well...i feel beaten down whenever i read reports like this because i feel powerless. There is no way to make a rebuttle to them and have others see it. You cant just make a newspaper to counter what they just said. Hey...i wonder if we could all band together, sue them for libel, buy Nintendo and then make the ultimate cards so we can win every match!--wait, never mind...

Last edited:
The issue of the newspaper that it is going in is supposed to come out at the end of next month, but I won't be at school then since I am going to Speech and Debate State with my Pokemon speech. :) I guess I'll have to wait until I get back to see what people will say. *prepares shields*

In situations like this, treat life like math: stick with your guns, and just go with it. In loopy math problems, stick with your theorems and such and you'll pull through even if it looks insane. In life, stick with your arguments, keep yourself well thought out, and you should be able to handle anything.

Good luck on all that stuff.

And you know there are tons of fans that are just rejecting Pokémon in public. Just last Friday this guy brought a gameboy color to school and was playing Silver and a bunch of people around him started to lose thier resistance. It was funny, they were all started to decond guess his moves and stuff.

Pokémon: Resistance is Futile!

Sometimes when I bring my GBA to school and play R/S, I get a lot of kids who say that the TV show and TCG sucks, but the GB games are awesome. Then I start to talk to them about Pokemon, and they get really into it until one of their friends come by and says "You like Pokemon? Hahaha."

It's funny though. Every time I go to a Debate tourny, we always have hours of free time. So, me and my Debate club sit down and watch Pokemon, and there is always a bunch of people who sit down and watch it with us (which is why I had to eventually invest in speakers). So, there is also other kids who walk by, start to laugh, and then sit down far away enough to where they can watch it. I usually then go over to them and ask if they want to come watch the movies/episodes with us, and most of the time, they come and sit down and say there is nothing else to do. I think that people really do not hate Pokemon, they just lost interest in it. However, when they begin to get into it more, they keep coming back.

Ever since a few months ago, the same people have been coming back to me at Debate tournies and asking to watch the Pokemon movies/episodes. At my last Debate tourny, which was for finals, I counted 16 people from other schools who were sitting down watching it with me and my school. Then I showed them the new movie trailer for Deoxys, and they were like "Whoa" and "I am going to buy that when it comes out."

Of course, there are also the badies who come by, laugh, and then make fun of you. I usually tell them to leave or embarrass them if they don't, but ya know, there is always someone. :)

interesting.

Well, i believe that when you say Pokémon to someone, the first thing they think of is the show. The show really turns people off, but the game is the heart of fandom. Most people like the games, but its the show that makes them try to defame the brand of Pokémon. People clump everythinng Pokémon with the show. I try to explain to people that the show, the cards, and the games are all pretty much independent of each other. If more people would realize that, you'd be seeing a lot more people at tourney and stuff.

But it's that popular belief that gives people ammo to try to sink the entire brand. At least at my school, most like the games. The TCG is secondly favored--and about the TCG, people automaticly tie Pokémon into being a kids' thing since they see the show as a kids' show, and make that reason to support Magic over this kiddy, unworthwhile card game--because it is like a contest between two people (competitiveness is great isn't it?), and then the lowest favored is the show. So that's how it comes down here at least.

But of course, like everywhere else, I'm sure, if given the opportunity, a good amount of people would want to join in on whatever's going on. They realize that fun is fun, even if it's in the form of a tiny yellow rabbit with red cheeks.

Back