Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ NH States ~ 3/10

PokeMeBob

NH State Championships

Date: 03/10/2007 NH

Place: Game Castle, 123 Nashua Rd., Londonderry, NH 03053.

Start Time: 11:00AM

Entry Fee: Free

Format: The tournament is run using the Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See the Tournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on total attendance of the event.
After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend on the total attendance in each age bracket, with a maximum of 8 playing off in any one division. State Championship events have a K-Value of 36.

TJ’s Pokemon State Championships:
03/03/2007 RI Disposable Heroes, 1428 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI, 02919
03/04/2007 MA TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA, 01757
03/10/2007 NH Game Castle, 123 Nashua Rd., Londonderry, NH 03053
03/11/2007 CT The Grid, 687 Main Street, Manchester, CT, 06040

Last edited:
LOL! Live Free or Die and be prepared to sit on the floor here! Seriously, how are all the players who show up for this going to play comfortably in the small space? I did not attend the cities held there, but was told by people who did go that it was very crowded and not much space to play.

The store owner has told Tom that he will get the hall next door.

LOL! Live Free or Die and be prepared to sit on the floor here! Seriously, how are all the players who show up for this going to play comfortably in the small space? I did not attend the cities held there, but was told by people who did go that it was very crowded and not much space to play.
They had tables for 18 ppl. We were lucky we had about 30 ppl. Its so mean to make the 10- play on the floor:nonono:

Great news about the hall next door! Some of us old folks can't sit on the floor as well as the kids can. Hopefully it is a hall as in a big large room, not a hall as in hallway.

NH Space

The owner of Jet Pack comics has assured me that they will be ready to seat 70 to 80 players for this event. The space next door is availible and is the size of the entrire store. We should be good to go. Anyone who ever has any concerns about one of my events should contact me directly instead of spreading false rumors. I certainly wouldn't set up a tournament knowingly that would have players forced to play on the floor. So we have made the adjustments for NH States. Should be great for the players in NE to have 4 count them 4 State tourneys to play in.

See you there

Tom Shea

They had tables for 18 ppl. We were lucky we had about 30 ppl. Its so mean to make the 10- play on the floor:nonono:

The kids weren't complaining!! They preferred the floor to standing at tables for hours with no room to pass through the hallway to get to the bathroom!! Can you imagine what it would have been like to get to the bathroom with the tables in the hallway and all the people standing there. They came to have fun and play Pokemon and that is what they did. We were grateful to have a NH site to play in.

I'm a NH Mom of a player, and I sat on the floor and waited for my son while he played all day!

Thanks for providing a NH site to play Pokemon Tom!!

Tom -

Your tournaments are a class act all the way.

I'll be there with you for all 4 states.

Thanks for making Pokemon so enjoyable for kids of all ages.

Respectfully,

POP website shows changed location of this to The Game Castle in Londonderry NH.

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: This is our home League Location and we are really excited about having States at this location. The store owner told us about this change today when we were at League! They'll have seating for up to 110!

Location is in a shopping plaza!! Plenty of parking! Plenty of local eats....Dunkin Donuts, Pizza, Wrap Shack, TJ's (coincidence! :smile: ) Bagel and Eatery. (all just a walk away) Store owner Michelle, said she will probably have pizza available for purchase or you can take the time to walk down the sidewalk for a different choice. There is a Brooks Pharmacy in the plaza too. Game Castle, also has snacks, drinks available for sale. Coming in from route 93 in the morning, you'll pass Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's, plenty of gas stations etc.

Easy to get to exit 4 (route 102) off route 93 North in NH!

Hope many of you can come up to NH and play some Pokemon!!

^Has this change been confermied? I've never heard of this place...

I don't know what you mean by confirmed. We've been playing there for going on 3 years now. The Game Castle certainly does exist! (just because you have never heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't there)The store owner told us about it yesterday. Tom contacted her when things didn't work out in Rochester. It is on the Pokemon website listed as the NH states location. I guess we shall see.

This is sure great news for most of us as it is much closer and right off Rt 93. By confirmed, I think Papi means a official announcement from the TO since most players received emails a few weeks ago with the Rochester location listed as the venue. Since it is listed on the POP site, I would consider official.
Thanks Tom for changing this to be more centrally located.

From how it sounds it should be a great event. Thx Tom!:thumb:
Pokemanz!

We HOPE so!! The store owner is really excited to have a Pokemon event there. She's hoping for next prerelease there too!

......and nobody will have to sit on the floor (unless they want too!) :wink:

cool this place is actually 30 min. closer than the Rochester place. Its still gonna take 3.5 hrs for us but definitely worth the fact that TJ's is running the event. I would rather drive a little longer for peace of mind then get dissapointed and frustrated at another event!

cool this place is actually 30 min. closer than the Rochester place. Its still gonna take 3.5 hrs for us but definitely worth the fact that TJ's is running the event. I would rather drive a little longer for peace of mind then get dissapointed and frustrated at another event!
Quit yur jibba jabba and get to the event!:thumb:

Seniors.....calling all Seniors.....we need more Seniors to come and play...

Come to New Hampshire!! There are some great players, and kids that just want to play. The group needs a larger number to cut to top 8....they are only able to do top 4!!! If you are a Senior and on the fence about coming to NH.....please decide to come!!

only 3 more days to go can't wait.

mumasscrappa - I'm only able to bring 2 seniors with me. its a sad state of affair but that age range is more consumed with yugioh, girls, teenage stuff instead of playing Pokemon. I think that is why the low turnouts. Look at both Mass. and RI both were only Top 4.

Back