Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ NH States - 3/13/10 - The Game Castle ~

PokeDaddy

The NH State Championships are going to be held on Saturday, March 13th, 2010.

The location is the Game Castle, 123 Nashua Road #5, Londonderry, NH, 03053, (603) 425-7400; Web: http://www.thegamecastle.com/

Start: 10 am

TPCi has published the FAQs for States/Province/Territory Championships. Click here for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions
Information subject to change; last updated: 3/14/2010

What are the Pokémon TCG State/Province/Territory Championships?
The Pokémon TCG State/Province/Territory Championships (S/P/T) is a title event series where players in each of the three POP-recognized age divisions compete to earn the title of State, Province, or Territory Champion! These events will be held in various locations throughout the world during March 2010. Results of the S/P/T Championships count toward your Premier Rating!

Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championship events are operated by independent Pokémon Organized Play Premier Tournament Organizers.​
When are the Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships?
North America: March 13th & March 20th
International: March 1st through March 31st
Click here for event dates, times, and locations. Please contact the Tournament Organizer of individual events for additional details.​

What does it cost to attend?
All Pokémon Organized Play Premier events in North America, other than those that use a Limited Format (such as Prereleases) are FREE! So, there is no admission fee for an S/P/T Championship within North America! Organizers may charge for side events run at these tournaments.​

What are the player eligibility requirements?
  • To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Pokémon Tournament Rules and all other applicable event rules.
  • State residency is not a requirement to participate in the Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships.
  • National residency is not required to participate in the Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships; however, the travel allowance is awarded to residents of the host country (U.S. & Canada) and will be passed to the first eligible finisher in the case that a non-resident wins the event.
  • Players who are found to be in violation of the rules of eligibility are subject to suspension from Pokémon Organized Play and to the loss of prizes, including, but not limited to, invitations and travel awards.
  • Review the Rules of Eligibility in our Tournament Rules document.

What is the tournament structure?
The tournament is run using the Modified Format and Swiss pairings. See the Tournament Rules for additional information about the Modified and Swiss formats. The number of Swiss rounds run will depend on the total attendance of the event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend on the total attendance in each age division, with a maximum of 16 players playing off in any one division.

S/P/T Championship events have a K-Value of 32. For more information on K-Value, Ratings, and Rankings, click here.​

What are the prizes?
Prizes for North American events are listed below. For information on prizes at international events, please contact the Tournament Organizer of those specific events.

Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age division.​

The divisions are:
  • Junior Division: Born in 1999 or later
  • Senior Division: Born in 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998
  • Masters Division: Born in 1994 or earlier

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships promo card while supplies last, just for playing!

The top 8 finishers in each of the three age divisions will receive the following prizes:​

1st Place
  • A Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships 1st Place Trophy
  • A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (U.S. & Canada). This allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships.*
  • A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
  • A first-round bye at the U.S. or Canadian National Championships**
  • Other cool Pokémon merchandise!

2nd Place
  • A Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships 2nd Place Trophy
  • A combination of 16 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd & 4th Place
  • A Pokémon TCG S/P/T Championships 3rd/4th place Trophy
  • A combination of 8 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th through 8th Place
  • A combination of 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
* Players can win multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner of record.
** Byes do not stack. Players winning more than one S/P/T event will receive only a first-round bye.

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't understand why both NH and RI states are on the same date. I'm sure several people would love to go to both. Is there some sort of restriction on how many states can be on different dates?

I don't understand why both NH and RI states are on the same date. I'm sure several people would love to go to both. Is there some sort of restriction on how many states can be on different dates?
Kevin,

Since the advent of the points system, States are run on only two Saturdays. Mr. Shea graciously runs two events on the first Saturday to allow the northern and southern components of NE to have their chance at a state.

There is no restriction on states. If you go to RI or NH, you are more than welcome to go the MA states the next weekend.

I know Steve. Thanks for posting. I just wanted to have confirmation before I send out my group email for states!

Back