Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Niles, Illinois EX: Hidden Legends Prerelease, June 5th!

soslowpoke

We're pleased to announce that the date for our next prerelease event will be June 5th at Pastimes in Niles (www.pastimes.net)

Entry Fee: $20 (gets you 6 boosters of EX: Hidden Legends plus an exclusive Prerelease Promo)

Players will get 6 boosters and energy to construct a 40 card deck.

Swiss rounds will take place after deck construction playing with 4 prizes. (No T8 cut)
Winners in each age group will win:
1st- 36 Boosters EX: Hidden Legends
2nd- 16 Boosters EX: Hidden Legends
3/4- 8 Boosters EX: Hidden Legends
5-8- 4 Boosters EX: Hidden Legends

This will be a SANCTIONED tournament using Age Modified Pairings!

After the event we will run a booster draft...details for that to be announced later!

Hope to see you all there!

Did they raise it?

As far as I can remember its always been 36-16-8-8-4-4-4-4...maybe I could be wrong..the site for it's not up anymore

Ya I should be there, and ya the prizes should be changed the prizes for SS was 9 for 3rd and 4th.

Last edited:
Ya. Thats why I told you at the TM/TA Prerelease that I was ripped off a pack, and yur all like "No, 8 is what you're supposed to get." And I'm all "Whatever, all the other SUPPOSED TO BE sanctioned events I've been to give out 18 for 2nd and 9 for 3rd/4th." ;)

I know I'm on top of things! :)

Nope, it was definately 8 for third and fourth (now I remember).

I find it extremely weird too but now that I found the sheet its 36-16-8-8-4-4-4-4

Last edited:
Prize distribution is:

1 box 1st
1/2 box for 2nd
1/4 box for 3rd
1/4 box for 4th
1/8 box for 5th thru 8th

It has always been that way. Booster prizes for State and Prereleases are the same. Should be up on the pokemon-tcg website in a few days. I encourage players that attend this event to take a copy of the website so they get what they are suppose to.

*checks calendar*

*GASP*
*THUD*

How is this possible? I'm not doing anything on June 5th? This can't be! I have to have some sort of family get-to-gether to ruin my Pokemon career even more o_O

Alright, im just kidding. Yeah, I'll definately be there, whether my parents like it or not.

It's unfortunate that the only date that worked for both me and my venue was the same date as the Chicago event. I tried for the 12th, but there is a massive Warhammer tourney scheduled for that date.

Don't worry though, Brookfield POP will continue the friendly rivalry with Chicago!

Hey, soslow, apparantly there's also a Theme Deck Challange scheduled for the pre. Any chance of monkeying around with the format they give you and make it a "real" Theme Deck Challange?

(right now, it's every player gets 1 PCD to play a 40 card deck from, everyone gets 3 boosters for playing, top 50% gets one extra booster, or something like that)

Back