Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo Wii repairs - what to do.

So this is the first time this kind of thing has ever happened to me as far as my video game systems, but my Wii, whom I live and adore, is very ill and can no long read the game discs. The week before I have been hearing some loud noises coming from my wii when I started playing it. I never really heard this before, but when I put a game disc in, it was getting louder and then all of a sudden there was an error message saying that the console was unable to read the game disc. I tried a number of discs, but still nothing. I decided to call NOA and they told me that I would most likely need to get it repaired, because it may be an issue with the lens.
The problem that scares me is that the rep told me that the repair might run the risk of game memory loss; meaning I might loss my Mii's, and game data from all the games I have played on my Wii. Now I have no choice but I need to have my Wii repaired before the warranty expires, but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this? Anyone able to give me some input and suggestions? Can I save my things before I send it off? Any tips would be great. I would like to save everything before I send it off to get fixed.

CMT

I've never had to send in a console for repairs, but here's my advice: Copy everything that can be copied to an SD Card and just hope that everything that is tied to the Wii stays intact. I'm fairly certain they have a way to transfer those types of things.

^ that might work, but im not sure, because i tried backing up my files once but it doesn't allow me to copy stuff from my Wii's hard drive to the card except for photos

If you don't have a SD card or if it doesn't work, you can at least send your miis to a buddy you have on your wii, and then they can send them back to you once you get your wii back.
But yeah.

Something very similar happened to my wii about a week ago. I haven't got my wii back yet, so I can't say anything. All I can say is copy to an SD what you can, transfer all the miis you care about to a remote, and get everything good from Pokemon Ranch (if you have it) back on your D/P.

Back